What is solvent
solvent or Solvents are liquids in which other substances can be dissolved without chemically changing them.
- Polar solvents
- Polar protic solvents
- Polar aprotic solvents
- Non-polar solvents
The molecules of polar solvents have dipole properties. Typical examples are water (H.2O) or alcohol (C2H5OH). Polar protic solvents have hydrogen atoms in the molecule and can split off a proton, such as water. Polar aprotic solvents (e.g. dimethylformamide) cannot do this.
Non-polar solvents consist of molecules that are electrically neutral to the outside world. The non-polar solvents include short-chain hydrocarbons.
3 Physical process
The same dissolves in the same: polar solvents dissolve polar substances, non-polar solvents dissolve non-polar substances.
If you dissolve table salt (NaCl) in water, the ion lattice of the table salt disintegrates, which in the crystallized state by the forces of attraction of the Na+- and Cl- -Ions tightly together. The polar water molecules are responsible for this. Oxygen forms the negative pole in the water molecule, the two hydrogen atoms mark the positive pole of the dipole molecule. The mutual forces of attraction of the ions are weakened when salts are dissolved in the water, so that the cohesion of the crystal lattice is disturbed.
- Which industries place the most ads online
- When do you start looking for spirituality?
- What was good about Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- What is the mathematical symbol for dimension
- Will Google ever be outdone
- What is an unconventional source
- What kind of thinking have you changed lately?
- How can a person get less salty
- When will the AHB arrive in Europe?
- Monitors the US government Quora
- Monocultures are difficult to endure
- How am I supposed to understand the world
- Should I join DNAR Multinational Pvt Ltd
- Where can I get a bulk email list
- Says Oh my goodness, blasphemy
- Pneumonia is air-born
- Tankless water heaters are quiet
- Civil engineering is good at VIT
- Why do I always want money
- What are some good KPIs for Facebook
- What is the Senior Nutrition Program
- Florida is located between California and Alaska
- Is it football or soccer
- Who is married to Doraemon
- Why do dogs suddenly start running?
- Icecube is a British surname
- Why are Maine Coon cats so friendly
- Mobile photography is digital photography
- Smart water meters emit radiation
- GOD'S BASIS IS FEAR
- Which can cause dizziness and sweating
- What are natural colors