What's weirdly absurd
On the problem of the grotesque and absurd
The "socially comical" pp 38-49 | Cite as
Brecht was one of the first masters of the absurd, and his case makes it clear that a thesis stands and falls not with its political content, but with its poetic truth, which lies beyond the political because it arises from much deeper layers of the author's personality . Brecht's essence contained a strong element of anarchism and despair, which is why, even during his political commitment, he used essentially negative and absurd images to portray the capitalist world: in "The Good Man of Sezuan" the world becomes of insane gods rules, the world of "Puntila" is reminiscent of a Chaplinade and in "The Caucasian Chalk Circle" the victory of justice is only brought about by the most improbable of all coincidences. 
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
There are no affiliations available
- What should i do 652
- What is a real octa core processor
- What are important facts about Delhi
- Why is dark matter considered exotic
- When will Miami Beach be underwater?
- What is your experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
- Why shouldn't I do sports?
- What are some BS that someone told you
- What if Spain and Portugal were to unite?
- What is a bulbul in English
- How dangerous is 5G for migratory birds
- Which state is the cotton state
- What are the fastest sports cars
- Why is Chumbak so expensive
- How long does sperm last
- Is there an app to improve concentration
- Journalists always protect their sources
- What is an MBA in Operations Management
- What was Tupac's worst song
- How does an IT person communicate
- Is Assad Sunni or Shiite
- How did Mike Tyson get a tiger
- How does a rice cooker stop automatically
- What is money laundering about Paytm