What metal was used in falcata blades?
Here you can get one Iberian Falcata silver-plated + with sharp blade from Marto to buy.
The falcata is the famous short sword of the Iberians, which with its curved blade could deliver particularly powerful blows. So, after the first battles of the Romans on the Iberian Peninsula, the order was given to the legionaries to reinforce the edges of their shields with iron in order to be able to better stand against Falcatas.
Roman historians were surprised by the quality of the iron that was used to manufacture these coveted edged weapons: the blades showed excellent cutting ability with sufficient flexibility. The falcata was around since the 5th century BC. Widespread on the Iberian Peninsula and remained so until the 1st century AD. It has similarities with the Persian or ancient Greek Machaira and its Adriatic variants.
This Iberian Falcata has a rust-resistant blade made of 420 stainless steel. The handle is made of cast metal and has been extensively silver-plated. Handle scales made of imitation ivory with decorative patterns are attached to the curved handle. The sword was made by Marto in Toledo, Spain. Please note: Despite its high quality, the silver-plated Iberian Falcata is purely a decorative item and not suitable for practical use.
Data on the Iberian Falcata silver-plated + sharp by Marto:
- Blade material: 420 stainless steel
- Total length: 60 cm
- Blade length: 46 cm
- Handle: 8 cm, with knob 12 cm
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Edge: sharp
- Type: decoration
- Working solar panels in the shade
- What are alternatives to file_get_contents in PHP
- Will Foursquare die
- Who uses more data Google or Facebook
- What qualities do talented mathematicians typically embody?
- What is Benjamin Netanyahu's worldview
- What is a good Italian film
- Are there really gender brains or not
- What is 1 8 5 2
- What are the names of horizontal escalators
- Do you have a good pizza history?
- Egyptian revolution
- Is the 9th ICSE board
- Criminology Why are shooters mostly male?
- Powerlifting is dangerous
- Where can I buy duvets online
- Who owns Tencent
- Which DAW has the best workflow
- How to play football in Gurgaon
- Why isn't NASA developing reusable missiles?
- What is ion oxide
- How do I get a job in DHL
- Which companies visit NSIT for internships
- Is Gmail good for business email