What units measure moisture
The great moisture meter guide
Which areas can be affected by moisture?
Basically, with walls in the entire house, from the basement to the load-bearing walls, and with floors, it is important that no moisture be contained. In the case of firewood, too high a moisture content is bad.
The moisture in the wall
Moisture in the wall and in the masonry is to be viewed much more critically. A damp basement can arise if the groundwater is too high or the building waterproofing is poor. Further Causes of damp walls and floors are:
- poor, defective or missing insulation
- old pipes in the building, some of which may be leaking
- incorrect ventilation
- incorrect heating
With a building moisture measuring device, the Wall or wall moisture measure well. You can usually feel that the wall feels cold and clammy just by touching it. The building moisture measuring device provides precise information. The procedure is comparable to measuring the moisture in wood: the moisture meter is held against the building material in question in the house and provides meaningful data.
Mold growth as a health risk
Mold not only looks ugly, it is also harmful health. The mold spores can cause respiratory diseases and allergies, and even suspected cancer cannot be ruled out. If a hygrometer or moisture meter shows that the humidity of the wall is too high and mold has already formed, action must be taken as soon as possible.
Further consequences of too much moisture in the structure
Sponges can form in walls and visible on the outside. The first sign is dark to black Mold stains, in the further sequence larger efflorescence can be seen. This can severely damage the building fabric. Caution is also advised, though built-in wood is too damp. There is always the risk of mold and fungus growth. In extreme cases, this can lead to serious damage: roof beams no longer work properly, water penetrates through cellar walls and the health of the residents suffers overall.
- What secrets are hiding in Kathmandu Nepal
- Some people have panic attacks every day
- How do I completely reset my computer?
- What is the Battle of Plassey
- Would have really saved NASA Mark Watney
- Did Obamacare screw up American healthcare
- What causes warts on my neck
- How can we throw a fun party
- What is increased property liquidity
- How can I stop talking to everyone
- When does a laptop not charge?
- The rooster tastes like chicken
- How does Shopify PayPal work
- What is your assessment of libertarian socialism
- Is the derivation and differentiation the same
- Replaces cellulose plastic
- What are some harmful effects of nanotechnology
- When do all heat transfers take place
- Who owns the Africa Internet Group
- Can I betray adults who trust me
- Why is image compression important
- Armadillos lose their shell
- Why do monkeys only eat bananas?
- Will there be degrees in artificial intelligence?