Does radiation affect the human brain
Do cell phones damage the human brain?
BETHESDA (hub). The influence of electromagnetic radiation from cell phones on the human brain has been the subject of constant controversy.
There are some epidemiological studies that indicate an increased risk of brain tumors. The majority of these studies, however, did not find such a link.
Researchers from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the USA have now observed that cell phone radiation influences glucose metabolism in the human brain (JAMA 2011; 305: 808).
47 study participants were given a mobile phone in both ears for 50 minutes. In one run the right cell phone was switched on, in the second run both phones were switched off.
The glucose metabolism was increased by prior injection of 18F-labeled glucose then made visible in the PET scan.
The results: The glucose metabolism was only changed in the areas of the brain in the immediate vicinity of the telephone antenna. In these regions, the electromagnetic waves led to a seven percent increase in glucose sales. The rest of the brain was unaffected.
This is an indicator of a higher absorption of cell phone radiation by the cells, write the researchers. The extent to which the glucose turnover was increased was also dependent on the amplitude of the electromagnetic waves.
However, it is still unclear how cell phone radiation affects glucose metabolism. The researchers' demand: more studies on this.
This requirement is also the content of an editorial on the study (JAMA 2011; 305: 828). On the one hand, the biological relevance of the increased glucose metabolism must be researched.
On the other hand, it must be examined whether the brain is chronically damaged by cell phones with higher energetic radiation.
Also read the comment:Cell phone fear? Then it turns off!
- Who is Tom Brady's wife
- What is 404 and 301 in SEO
- What is the order of magnitude
- How can we modify mass spectrometers
- How do I say mother in Hindi
- How do we evaluate this limit
- What job requires a lot to travel
- What is the description of a mind
- Will Diablo Immortal come to PC
- What is an LDAP URL
- What's your rating of Wrike
- How do I sleep after using drugs
- Is coal a fossil fuel
- Is Gould a Jewish family name
- What are mass spectroscopy adducts
- Is MLM a viable business model
- How insurance companies pay hospitals
- What would be your suggestion for WhatsApp
- What are the effects of thermal energy
- How do I apply for DIT Dehradun
- Why is Tokyo more fun than Bangkok
- Is PS2 better than Wii
- What about MIT WPU Pune
- How can we help traveling Quorans connect?