Chiropractors will take x-rays
Whether X-rays are dangerous depends on the amount of radiation. The larger the amount and the more often someone is x-rayed, the higher the risk that the rays will cause damage.
If X-rays penetrate the tissue during an exposure, they can Damage to the genetic material cause. Long-term or in high doses, X-rays can be harmful and cause cancer, for example. Thanks to modern, more sensitive systems, nowadays X-rays are the Radiation exposure but very little.
The risk of X-ray side effects also depends on the type of X-ray examination and the part of the body examined. In the case of fluoroscopic fluoroscopy, for example, the radiation exposure is significantly higher than in a normal X-ray exposure. As particularly sensitive to radiation be valid:
- female breast
A medium risk consists of:
A low radiation sensitivity to have:
Doctors should always weigh up,whether an X-ray examination is really necessary. A study published in the specialist magazine “Cancer” in 2012, for example, suggests that patients who went to the dentist for x-rays at least once a year had three times the risk of developing a benign brain tumor (meningioma). The radiation dose is now lower, so that the results cannot be transferred one-to-one to today. Nonetheless, the doctor and patient should first explore possible alternatives to x-rays, especially for body parts that are sensitive to radiation, such as the head area.
Danger from contrast media
In some patients, the contrast media administered for an X-ray examination trigger an allergic reaction (coughing, itching, shortness of breath up to cardiac arrhythmias, etc.). Since most contrast media contain iodine, they must not be used in people with a known hyperthyroidism, as this could otherwise worsen. Even with impaired kidney function, contrast media that are given into the vascular system can cause problems, as the body may not be able to excrete them again without harm. This also applies to diabetics who take drugs with the active ingredient metformin. Because the body only excretes this via the kidneys, which could then quickly become overwhelmed.
- Where does Coldplay come from
- How should I prepare for the PCAT?
- When is it acceptable to dance?
- Uses Sprint SIM cards
- Which city has the best cooks
- What is an all-or-nothing personality
- How should I start studying psychology
- The Muslim world destroys itself
- How is hostel food in South India
- How can I feel good mentally?
- Can I download your study materials
- When is vitamin B12 low
- Who should buy an iPad
- Where did MOG get its name from?
- Employee retention practices
- There are still Roman villas in Pompeii
- Should technology be controversial
- How do you deal with snores
- What's next after Bitcoin or crypto currency
- How does movement change your body?
- What are two kinds of fluids
- Why is Fitbit Jawbone beating
- How many battleships were lost during the First World War
- What is a cousin sister
- What does Rajapaksa's defeat mean for India
- What is the most unified social media
- What is the use of DNA
- Why was blab im shut down
- How to say anger in Indonesian
- Can moral relativists contribute to civil society?
- What are structure variables
- Why do people call Thanos Space Hitler
- What does data mean mathematically
- What is an I 94 form