What is your motto
Life motto: Which one suits me?
Quite a few people are convinced that there is one Motto of life needs to align his life with it. A motto that helps them not to lose their bearings and to act purposefully. There are very different ways to come to such a life motto. As a member of the Protestant Church, for example, you will receive a baptismal or confirmation message after the ceremony. Others only find a suitable life motto in the course of their lives. How to discover your personal life motto ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Definition: what is a life motto?
The word motto comes from Italian, motto, and means something like motto, motto or word. Likewise, the synonyms in German for motto are:
- Guiding principle
By the way, if you want to form the correct plural of motto, you should Life mottos say. Motti would be the correct ending in Italian, but since Motto is a loan word and in combination with Leben- it is a German compound, you are on the safe side with the ending -S.
What is a life motto and what do you need it for? A life motto can be used to describe a central thought according to which someone leads and aligns their life. It is to be so to speak Guide, a guide. This results in the following:
A life motto can be a goal.
Depending on which life motto a person chooses, it can be a kind of reinforcement. Just like positive affirmations are beliefs that can help you achieve a goal. Such encouragement can help you get up in difficult times. Nelson Mandela, for example, has the following motto in life:
The greatest thing you can achieve is not never to stumble, but to get up every time.
A life motto can convey values.
A life motto is something personal. A maxim that you want to live by, but that not every friend of yours is necessarily aware of. For example, you might have decided to show more gratitude from now on. You may have realized how lucky you are compared to other people. Countless aphorisms and quotes from famous people express, in some cases pointedly, what one feels or wishes for oneself, for example like the following life motto of Mark Twain:
Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life.
A life motto is changeable.
You may have received a baptismal verse with which you can no longer identify at all 30 years later or which is rather bland to you. Much in life is subject to change and, last but not least, formative events can lead to someone choosing a new life motto from now on. Often it is outstanding personalities and idols whose success, greatness and deeds inspire others and confirm them in your life, such as Barack Obama:
We are the change we've been waiting for.
Which life motto suits me?
Everything has already been said: so many clever people already have thoughts about it essential topics made that one could hardly invent it better and just as pointedly. That is probably also the reason for the great popularity of various calendar sayings and wisdom.
Some life mottos always seem to fit: Carpe Diem for example, that was not originally a call to clock the day through to get as much done as possible. Rather, it is more important to enjoy the day, because events can always happen that make it much more difficult to enjoy the next day.
Quotes often reflect that human nature contrary. A life motto like What you can get today, don't postpone it until tomorrow shows that the procrastination tendency is inherent in everyone. The author of this saying made this experience obvious and immediately developed a tip against it.
Anyone who practices good self-management will hardly choose such a saying as their life motto, because they have it already internalized.
In addition, such life mottos are not very individual and sometimes simply wrong. A saying like There is nothing good, unless you do it may be well meant. If it is interpreted as a motivational boost against procrastination, it is certainly true.
But as a life motto it is a bit vague and just doesn't capture that Complexity of life. Surely everyone has already found in retrospect that at one point in their life they had not covered themselves with fame. Or simply acted rashly instead of thinking about it.
Bonus life wisdoms and quotes
- It is not the years of your life that count. What matters is life within those years.Abraham Lincoln
- If you start everything with a smile, you will achieve most things.Dalai Lama
- It is not easy to find happiness in yourself, but it is impossible to find it anywhere else.Oriental wisdom.
- Whoever pursues what he does not have and forgets what he has is never happy.Shakespeare
- Finding people who feel for us is probably the most beautiful happiness on earth.Carl Spitteler
How do I find a life motto?
And yet you need a life motto that fits exactly to you and your situation. This works pretty well when you think about what to focus on. Which topic has been with you for a long time, which one is particularly important to you?
Life stands - depending on the definition - on several pillars, four of which represent relationships, health, occupation and attitude. Depending on which area is special important for her the life motto is very likely to express something you can relate to.
This life motto will come to your mind when it gets a little harder. Or it will be confirmation that you are doing everything right.
Life motto: Quotes from famous people
Perhaps you are currently concerned with your professional success. There are many sayings from successful people such as Steve Jobs, Richard Branson or Mark Zuckerberg. Or you want to change the perspective on your job with a life motto by highlighting the positive things.
- The future depends on what you do today.Mahatma Gandhi
- You have to work with the right people, respect them and motivate them. Lasting success is only possible in a team.Klaus Steilmann
Things don't always go smoothly. And yet you have decided for yourself that you want to look ahead. A life motto from the field of volition gives you the strength for battles that still have to be fought.
- I did not fail. I've only found 10,000 ways like it Not is working.Thomas A. Edison
- You can't change the wind, but you can set the sails differently.Aristotle
Another motto in life can be to overcome old fears and to break for new shores. If the others have already done it before, that helps to muster the necessary courage. And there is something immensely reassuring to learn that even celebrities are afraid even though you don't notice.
- Do one thing every day that scares you.Eleanor Roosevelt
- If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
Be yourself is a widespread motto in life. Because there is absolutely no point in constantly bending yourself just to please others. Authenticity is especially difficult for people who consider themselves to be low and are heavily dependent on the opinion of others. A life motto from this area can help you remember what is important.
- Your time is limited. So don't waste it living someone else's life.Steve Jobs
- Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.Kurt Cobain
For some people, religion gives support and the assurance that they are following the right values. Life mottos can also be motivating and enable better access to other people. Above all, this includes those that contain personal values that have a positive view of the future.
- Humanity is the sense of the good in community with others. Immanuel Kant
- The best things in life are not what money can get.Albert Einstein
Other readers will find these articles interesting
Jochen Mai is the founder and editor-in-chief of the career bible. The author of several books lectures at the TH Köln and is a sought-after keynote speaker, coach and consultant.
- Facebook page administrators make money
- Can a person change their personality completely
- You can post original photos of bugatti cheron
- Why doesn't Mexico pay for the wall?
- WD 40 removes rust
- How big is the Google Photos team
- Why haven't zippers been reinvented yet?
- Which is the most exciting google app
- Was HP Lovecraft good at math
- Is campus politics necessary
- Which sounds best wrong?
- What animals are shorter than the giraffe
- Can play Alexa podcasts
- Why do prices change all the time
- What is the revenue model for Buzzfeed
- What is MP3 used for?
- What's another word that means superfluous
- Can we use well water for batteries?
- Why did you buy a generator
- A blood test may detect narcolepsy
- What clothes are the epitome of New York?
- Which 2 industries use limestone
- Like many law firms in Europe
- What is the fastest growing renewable energy
- Is XLR a mono or stereo system
- Is India a member of the G7
- Weapons were invented
- What is corporate governance and administration
- What is some recent research on cancer
- You can bleach your teeth with bleach
- What is an inspection when testing software
- What is the full form of BSFC
- What is 4G LTE TDD
- Which DAW has the best workflow