What are the problems with BSNL Broadband
Failed to activate wireless network connection with a BSNL BroadBand modem # DNA-A211-I
Appreciate the problem:
Like you, the 10.04 LTS wireless network worked for me. This also applied to questions 31483, 67077 and others, all of which were closed as "too localized". This is an IAQ (rarely answered question) .
My wireless network is slower on Ubuntu than it is on Windows machines or even on the same machine that started Windows.
I get a special sawtooth chart of ping times from my laptop to a wireless router (e.g. 10.0.0.1 or 192.0.0.1 at home). Here are my ping milliseconds from my laptop to my coffee shop's AP, with brackets added to illustrate the sawtooth cycle.
(36, 59, 81, 104, 127) (47, 59, 92, 116) (36, 59, 81, 104) (24, 150; 73, 92, 114) (38, 48, 81, 103) (23, 45, 67,91) ...
I can connect to some coffee shop APs and not others. The results are almost, but not always, the same. As soon as I find myself in a blue moon, I connect to an access point that I had registered as non-connectable.
Much of the syslog is verbose, around 50 lines for one connection attempt. Much is concerned with the unused IPv6. When comparing a good connection with a bad connection, a good connection is established (DHCPDISCOVER, then DHCPREQUEST, then DHCPOFFER), while a failed connection is doing DHCPDISCOVER and has no DHCPREQUEST or DHCPOFFER lines.
A lot of questions like this don't have good information. Here's a little help with gathering information:
Usually the most relevant log is / var / log / syslog, which collects all kinds of random information. A wireless connection generally creates at least 100 lines.
Another protocol is dmesg, the kernel ring buffer. It could, but it usually doesn't say anything useful. The usual network message is "No IPv6 routers present".
The ifconfig command applies to wired and non-wired network interfaces. It shows hardware addresses and the number of packets and can configure them.
The iwconfig command deals with wireless interfaces. Note that you want to do this as root as it sometimes leads to shortened results of the user account.
You can also use these commands:
Troubleshooting and solutions
There appear to be a number of clues.
Eliminate carelessness. Make sure your WiFi is enabled, you have the correct password, etc. Boot into Windows to check. Look for DHCPDISCOVER but don't request in / var / log / syslog.
See where the network breaks. Ping loopback (127.0.0.1), try wired connection to the access point, try ping (184.108.40.206 is Google), try pinging google.com (using DNS). Try a wget on http://www.google.com.
Try blacklisting your wireless card or stopping the hardware test using the files in /etc/modprobe.d.
Try going into the network manager and giving yourself a permanent, reasonable IP address. The router will then answer you.
Try to restart. There are occasional problems with network cards returning from power saving modes.
There are also some known issues that are detailed in Hardware Support.
Good luck and I'll try to update this answer from comments.
- PhD students have summer off
- What is the importance of agricultural marketing
- What is somatization in psychology
- Adults wearing diapers can fly international flights
- Why do you value Great Britain
- What is 4G LTE TDD
- What drugs are anticholinergic antidepressants
- What are the best smartphone hacks
- Where can I buy cheap branded perfumes
- What is merci tout
- Is garlic a blood thinner?
- Are cans recyclable
- How does rigor mortis develop
- What are Zachary Quinto's most underrated roles
- Who is the father of modern genetics
- Will Google ever be outdone
- What are the ideal kitesurfing conditions
- Is it possible for Muslims to reform themselves?
- What is cervical pain in adults
- Political Science or Economics
- What is the coordination number in BCC
- What are the places to practice Spanish
- How do I read data from the API
- Gaense is known to kill ducks
- How about a trip through India
- What are the RaiBlocks from Monero
- What are some places that have notaries
- When is the pre-frontal cortex development complete
- Who is better Jain or Kayastha
- What is a one stop center
- How much does a mariachi band cost
- Which bike has more accidents?
- SAO screwed it up