What are the benefits of BCD code
The BCD code, Binary Code Decimal (BCD), also known as 8-4-2-1 code, is used for the binary coding of decimal numbers. When coding, each decimal digit is individually dual-coded. The BCD code encodes four bits. This corresponds to 16 different values to which letters or numbers can be assigned. Bit groups of four bits are also referred to as a tetrad, nibble or half-byte.
The BCD code assigns the digits 0 to 9 to the first ten values. No letters are assigned to the other 6 valencies, as is the case with the hexadecimal system, where these have the letters A to F. In the place value system of the BCD code, the remaining six values are referred to as pseudotetrads and they are sometimes assigned carries or mathematical symbols.A four-digit dual number combination is assigned to a single decimal number in the BCD code. As far as the value is concerned, the binary number on the left has the highest value and is the Most Significant Bit (MSB). The right dual number has the lowest valence. It represents the Least Significant Bit (LSB).
If a multi-digit decimal number is shown in BCD code, then each individual digit is dual-coded. The conversion of the number 418 results in the binary number 0100 0001 1000. By shifting the pseudotetrad, the Aiken code and the excess 3 code were derived from the BCD code, which can also be assigned to the BCD codes. These codes work with an offset compared to the BCD code, which can be used to advantage in some mathematical operations. Other codes derived from the BCD code are the BCDIC code, Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code (BCDIC) and the EBCDIC code, Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code (EBCDIC).
The BCD system is still used in numerical display modules, also for time signals or when sending short messages.
- How is the Vipassana Kendra Mumbai
- Was there a street fighter 1
- Why were there huge beings in front of us
- Where can I learn Fluent 3D modeling
- Have a technical ring
- What's your favorite Johnny Ray song
- When was Shivaji Maharaj overcrowded as emperor?
- How educators apply idealism in teaching
- What is the best PC for home
- What is the etymology Sai
- Toronto's condominium market will crash in 2019
- How are mbn files used
- Is your personality suitable for your job
- Bad luck is bad karma
- Can dysarthria be cured
- Why are DRAM prices growing so fast
- Why are people crazy
- Might annex Mexico to Arizona
- How can I be more interesting
- What are contiguous cells
- Is the Bhagavad Gita an extremist book
- How are proteins purified
- What are fast growing businesses these days
- How would you improve the typical bathroom