How does duck hunting work
Duck hunting in autumn - ten steps to success
For many hunters among us, there is nothing more important in autumn than driven hunts. But autumn has so much more exciting hunts to offer. One of these types of hunting is the evening duck stroke. What you need for this and how you should prepare for it are explained below.
1. Shotgun training
In preparation for the big driven hunts, many hunters stand in line in front of the shooting cinemas to practice shooting moving game. The same care should be taken when hunting with a shotgun. A few laps on the skeet stand are a must. The current situation in most areas is due to the fact that the use of the shotgun is significantly reduced.
Before you go out and shoot flying wild ducks, you should be clear about which duck species can be found there, which of them are hunted and what their flight pattern looks like. For the inexperienced duck hunter, a trial seat at the corresponding body of water with an experienced person can be very helpful. Here, the newcomer can be explained using a living example how to best address which species of duck and that, if you are not sure, you prefer to keep your finger straight.
3. Ducks in the area
Ponds, pools, bracks and lakes are the places where we want to hunt ducks successfully. To increase our chances of success, you can chirp on the ducks. Whether with a duck raft or simply in the shallow water area is the same, the ducks gladly accept corn, peas or grain. Here, too, regularity is required.
As with all types of hunting, the choice of weapon is a matter of taste. The only thing to note is that if lead-free shot is used, the weapon must also be suitable for it.
Shots with a plastic sleeve should be used, as they are insensitive to moisture. Since lead-free shot is mainly used near water and its density is lower than that of lead shot, shot with 3.0 and 3.2mm should be used. A test with different ammunition on a firing wall can also be very useful.
6. Choice of waters
If there is more than one body of water in the area where the ducks can invade, choosing the right body of water will not be easy. Although you can get the ducks to come to a certain spot with a little feeding material, you should choose them carefully. The water should not be too big otherwise the ducks will land in the middle and are out of reach of the shot. Then the water must not be too overgrown. It is also a good idea to observe from a distance a few days before the planned duck strike where the ducks invade in the evening.
7. Lure equipment
Today's market has a lot to offer in the lure sector. From bait ducks / decoys to acoustic looseners, there is now a huge range. Here too, opinions differ. If you want to use decoys, you should bring a handful of the decoys at a shotgun distance, these should then also make the insecure ducks collapse. Acoustic lockers can also induce ducks flying by to collapse.
8. Other accessories
As with other bait hunts, camouflage is crucial. Since you usually sit in or on the reeds, appropriate camouflage clothing is an advantage. You can also use a camouflage screen if the conditions on site do not offer enough cover. A high chair is recommended for sitting. There I can quickly make the empty shotshells disappear. Sufficient number and strength of lamps are very important. If you want to find all the ducks after the hunt, you can't have too much light with you. Head lamps are ideal here, as hopefully your hands are full of ducks.
Duck hunting without a dog is not possible! And it can't be just any dog, because he has to know his trade to find all the ducks in the reeds in the dark. The dog's security in finding the slain ducks is just as important to the success of this hunt as the shooting skills of the shooter.
10. Choice of stand and time
One can assume that ducks will invade against the wind. If you want to have the setting sun as a background for the ducks, you should hunt ducks with the wind behind you when the wind is east. It is best to use the given cover or to redesign it for your own purposes. Reeds trimmed at eye level with the hedge trimmer serve as a natural umbrella. If you have done important preparatory work, you know when the ducks will invade the water. The evening line should be started about an hour before sunset. Until calm has returned and you have settled in, the sun is already flat in the sky and the first ducks can come.
With the many offers from the extensive Jagd1 Shop range.
- Which GST applies to retail
- Serves McDonald's beef in India
- What's the best VC Andrews book
- What is the entire coast of India
- Who built the Airbnbs Android app
- Why was the South Carolina colony founded?
- The Islamic Republic is trying to Arabize Iran
- Why is Donald Trump going to Mexico
- Is there anything better than revenge
- What was the last time you cried
- Who is the biggest brother of Pandavas
- Asthma sufferers can use cough syrup
- How to start earning online
- How about a trip through India
- What is an analog digital hybrid modulation
- What is the benefit of body massage
- How is meat related to global warming?
- Why are Chinese names monosyllabic
- Marijuana and psychosis
- Which startups in Montreal are hiring
- Which camps are best for Kheerganga trekking?
- How does a victory or victory come about
- Friends can be family
- How similar is MARSOC to the Army Rangers
- Is it possible to chop growth
- How do authors develop assignable fictional characters
- What are undervalued stocks in 2017
- Are blockchains Bitcoin Ethereum etc. GDPR compliant
- Which is the best bitcoin exchanger in India
- How are generic amino acids structured
- Why does Quora prefer long, sweeping answers
- How was Batman originally conceived
- How is food at a police station