How to make bitumen
Apply bitumen paint - this is how it's done
Bitumen paint on the outer cellar wall
If the outside of a cellar wall is only exposed to soil moisture and, if necessary, a little seepage water, you can usually get by with a bitumen insulation layer if the layer thickness is large enough (3 top coats).
If the outer cellar wall comes into contact with more water (strong seepage water, running water), on the other hand, you need at least a thick bitumen coating and some additional measures.
In the case of pressing water, further and additional protective measures may have to be taken - in such a case, you should definitely leave the planning and sealing to a specialist.
Construction of a bitumen coating on the cellar wall
Painting alone is not enough. In addition, a few more layers are necessary:
- Sealing slurry
- Top coat (actual insulating bitumen paint)
- 2 more top coats
- Cover (possibly barrier membrane, plastic film)
Sealing slurries are a mixture of cement, various minerals and aggregates as well as plastic. This cement-plastic mixture is an excellent seal for masonry, which is also simple and very inexpensive.
Sealing slurries can be used on concrete, cement plaster and fully jointed masonry. They are generally painted in three layers on top of each other. If a substrate is very absorbent, the wall must be moistened a little before painting the sealing slurry. The application is very easy: stir in the bucket and brush on the wall with the brush.
We have written our own article about priming bitumen paints. You can find it here.
Barrier sheets are sheets of polymer bitumen that serve to protect the underlying coating. Alternatively, special plastic films can also be used for this purpose. Barriers are the classic variant, which also works very well.
The higher protection serves to keep the bitumen layer from decomposing too early. Bitumen seals against water, but is also attacked by it over long periods of time. An additional barrier strip prevents this to a large extent and thus ensures a longer service life for the coating.
- What are CIBC Interest Rates
- Is God racist
- What is the best calculus notebook
- Is Google Drive still relevant
- How can I regulate the ego
- Where does the name Frasier come from
- What does VSauce use for sound recording?
- Why are university computers always so slow
- Why have deleted data not completely disappeared?
- Is Bill Shorten charismatic in real life
- How do our pets interpret our feelings
- What to do with Kochi
- What can be used to make electricity
- What is your rating of the company Gust
- What is Integrated Routing and Bridging
- Eat moth leather jackets
- Is an oily face good or bad
- Has deleted a pipette SSB
- Can I post anonymously here
- How do successful business people run their businesses
- Why is pure democracy bad
- Why can't I skip an ad on YouTube
- Is Aristotle overrated
- Where's San Jose