Why is Kashmir not peaceful like Switzerland?
French President Emmanuel Macron has called on India and Pakistan to resolve the Kashmir conflict bilaterally. Both parties are obliged to avoid an escalation in the crisis region, said Macron.
He made a statement on Thursday evening at a joint press conference with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Chantilly Castle near Paris. He will also speak to Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan in the coming days, Macron said.
At the beginning of August, India withdrew its autonomous status from the Indian Kashmir region, suddenly increasing tensions with Pakistan. Since then, skirmishes have increased again along the control line, the de facto border between the two countries in the Kashmir region. Modi did not mention the conflict.
The meeting also aimed to deepen the strategic cooperation between France and India in relation to defense, civil nuclear power and solar energy. India receives warplanes made in France. Modi was due to speak to French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe on Friday.
France is one of India's most important partner countries in Europe. The two states have long-term cooperation in defense In addition, the two countries initiated the International Solar Alliance ISA, which aims to achieve climate goals through better use of solar energy.
At Macron's invitation, Modi will also attend the G7 meeting in the southwestern French seaside resort of Biarritz, which begins on Saturday. There he will speak, among other things, on the environment, climate and digital change, it said. In addition, Modi will hold bilateral talks with the heads of state and government.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- Is Talkit Messenger better than WhatsApp
- Electric bicycles can drive up steep hills
- What is pUC19 plasmid
- Why do people get tattoos on their scalp
- What is the most precious Buddhist relic
- What are the famous dialogues of mumbaikars
- What types of birds eat worms
- When was Linux started?
- The Eiffel Tower slopes
- How important is a primary key
- What are Aristotle theories
- Who is the antagonist in Braveheart
- What should I avoid using in CSS
- What could the US learn from China?
- Why are hazard symbols important
- Why does depression need medication
- What is the revenue model for Buzzfeed
- What is heavy steel or iron
- How to become a film scriptwriter
- What's 1 in a $ 5 investment
- What is an algebraic sum
- Does a baby rattlesnake have a rattle
- Can shoot armrests with knives
- Why is Mars called a dry planet