What are reagents in organic chemistry
As Reagent (n., emphasis on the short third syllable, too reagent, n., emphasis on the long a, pl. Reagents or Reagents) is used in analytics to describe a substance that is used to identify another substance (a means of detection in a detection reaction). The addition of the reagent leads to a chemical reaction with the formation of a characteristic precipitate or color change, which allows conclusions to be drawn about the presence or absence of certain ions or functional groups.
Example: The addition of chlorinated water (as a reagent) and hexane to a water sample that contains bromide or iodide ions can be used to detect bromide or iodide. When the reaction mixture is shaken in the test tube, the chlorine reagent leads to a brown-orange or purple discoloration of the hexane.
If a reagent can only be used to clearly identify its affiliation to a certain group of substances, it is called a reagent Group reagent.
In synthetic chemistry, reagent refers to a substance that is used to modify a reactant. As a rule, the reagent does not go into the product.
Many reagents are named after their developer or discoverer, for example: Fehling's solution or Bettendorf's reagent. Further information on the use of reagents for the detection of certain substances can be found among others. in the following articles:
Category: Chemical group
- How do I get a torn breast
- How many ounces are in one stone?
- Which city has the best electronica scene?
- Are the pesticides really harmful to your health?
- Senator McCarthy found many communists
- How is sweat reduced by air?
- Is the simulation hypothesis plausible?
- Why is Macbeth a tragic hero
- What is natural brown sugar
- What is money laundering about Paytm
- How could human decisions actually be rational?
- How do you measure marketing performance
- Which are chemistry based companies
- What is the name of an area for skating
- Narcissism NPD is a defense mechanism
- What is the benefit of body massage
- Can blood cancer be cured with chemotherapy
- Why do i need a man
- How do I get rid of the teasing
- How bad is unemployment in Ethiopia
- Why are Californians so cold because of earthquakes
- Has a cavapoo shed
- Why do monkeys only eat bananas?
- What are the main topics of business