What was Comcast before it was Comcast
Who does the media belong to?
2011 sales: $ 55.842 billion (€ 40.116 billion)Comcast / NBCU is currently the world's largest media company. Its headquarters are in Philadelphia, USA. The network operator had around 50 million cable, internet and mobile customers in March 2011.
A Comcast company vehicle on a mission in Salt Lake City, USA. (& copy AP)
overviewComcast / NBCU is currently the world's largest media company. Its headquarters are in Philadelphia, USA. The network operator had around 49.8 million cable, internet and telephone customers at the end of 2011. In the course of its almost 40-year existence, Comcast has developed from a pure cable provider to a modern communications and media company - at least since the spectacular takeover of the film and television company NBC Universal, which began in December 2009 and ended in January 2011. Comcast now owns two television networks, 26 television stations, 20 cable channels, several production studios (including Universal Studios), two huge multi-purpose arenas in Philadelphia and shares in the Philadelphia Flyers professional ice hockey team. Through the NBC takeover, Comcast is also involved in the video portal Hulu, together with Disney, the News Corp. and the private equity firm Providence Equity Partners.
Basic dataHeadquarters: 1500 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102-2148, USA
Branch: Cable networks, pay TV, special interest channels, telecommunications, Internet services, event management
Legal form: Stock company (since 1972)
Fiscal year: 01.01. - 31.12.
Founding year: 1956 (TCI), 1969 (Comcast)
Managing directorsManagement / Board of Directors:
- Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and CEO, Comcast Corporation
- Michael J. Angelakis, Chief Financial Officer, Comcast Corporation
- Stephen B. Burke, Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation, Chief Executive Officer, NBCUniversal
- David L. Cohen, executive vice president, Comcast Corporation
- Neil Smit, Executive Vice President, Chief Executive Officer of Comcast Cable and President of Comcast Cable
- Arthur R. Block, Esquire, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Comcast Corporation
- Lawrence J. Salva, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer and Controller, Comcast Corporation
- Kenneth J. Bacon, Fannie Mae
- Eduardo G. Mestre, Evercore Partners Inc.
- Joseph J. Collins, Aegis, LLC
- J. Michael Cook, International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc.
- Gerald L. Hassell, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Jeffrey A. Honickman, Pepsi-Cola & National Brand Beverages, Ltd.
- Brian L. Roberts, Comcast
- Ralph J. Roberts, Comcast
- Dr. Judith Rodin, Rockefeller Foundation
- Jonathan A. Rodgers, TV One
- Michael I. Sovern, Sothebys (Director Emeriti)
- Julian A. Brodsky, Comcast (Director Emeriti)
- How would you quantify the non-quantifiability
- How can you solve teen rebellion problems?
- Why do trombonists move the slide
- Steve Jobs was unhappy
- How does the hydraulic system work
- Which PlayStation 4 has the most memory
- At what temperature does glass begin to melt
- Do you know the boothworld industry
- Religion causes frustration
- Why are Chihuahuas revered in Mexico
- What is the violation of fundamental rights
- Is honesty in political office bad
- Which branch do embedded systems fall under?
- How is CSE in VIT Vellore
- Which German officer was hanged in Auschwitz?
- Menudo is still a band
- How to Learn Board Exam Toppers
- How much do dividend forecasts cost
- Why use mosfet
- Video games can make you sick
- Is the sun blue
- Why is Demeter the best goddess
- Why can't airplanes move backwards by themselves?
- How much math does Linus Torvalds know