What is the chemical name for NaCl?
Table salt or rock salt has many names. Its chemical name is Sodium chloride and the chemical formula is NaCl. It consists of sodium ions and chloride anions. For its structure click here.
Is sodium chloride the ultimate salt. Its cubic, water-clear crystals are typical. In general, the crystals are colorless, but they can also be blue-violet.
The melting point of sodium chloride is 801 C; it boils at 1413 C.
Rock salt is a typical sedimentary rock that was formed when saline water dried out. The fact that salt is plastic under high pressure led, among other things, to the formation of near-surface salt deposits, the lumps of salt from which most of the salt is extracted today. In Germany, the extraction of crude salt is around 20 million tons per year.
Unlike the raw salt from which it is extracted, pure sodium chloride is not hygroscopic. Its solubility is 35.6 g at 0 C and 39.1 g / liter of water at 100 C. A solution saturated at 25 C is 26%.
Actually, sodium chloride has no special chemical properties because it is one of the Inert salts, i.e. to those who are chemically at a low potential and therefore hardly react chemically (Latin. iners, lazy).
Nevertheless, NaCl is one of the most important basic chemicals and starting material for the production of various other chemical compounds. This mainly applies to its elements, sodium and chlorine. We report on it here.
Its use as road salt or de-icing salt has the disadvantage that it corrodes metals, but also damages plants.
Table salt, on the other hand, is indispensable for the functioning of the human and animal body. Many biochemical processes depend on it and are, so to speak, the evolutionary reminder that everything living ultimately comes from the sea.
Physico-chemical interactions between salt and water play an important role in biochemical processes.
Further texts on the subject of `` salt ''
- Why is Eucharistic adoration considered important
- How am I supposed to understand the world
- What is Photosensitive Account Diaet
- What is the plural of jewelry
- Some people mix religion with racism
- What made your parents' home unforgettable
- Which sport requires the fastest reflexes
- Can I betray adults who trust me
- What is geomatics
- Is Ashwagandha safe for children
- Truck drivers are becoming obsolete
- How do I learn VFX
- What is the coolest molecule
- What are the best books on astrology
- Why are we carefree about life
- Where can you find copper in nature
- What causes nausea and dizziness
- How to use EnduroShield
- How can conviction be unethical
- Is the equator in the middle
- Is the daily use of wireless headphones bad
- What font is used by Navdy
- What inspired your start-up idea?
- Which books have you made successfully?
- Cell phones working in Death Valley
- What was the most innovative business strategy
- How effective is the Skill India project
- What keeps people from meditating
- Can surface water drain a polluted sewer
- What is meant by junior resident
- What does Airbnb offer that hotels don't
- Has the Nintendo Switch surpassed the Wii