Voltage is the speed of electricity
Electric voltage, electric charge. Elemental charge. Kinetic energy.
Electrons emerge from a hot cathode (negative pole) and move to the anode (positive pole). In doing so, they are attracted to the anode; the electrons are accelerated.
Calculate how the final velocity of the electrons depends on the voltage U, the elementary charge e = 1.6 · 10-19 C and the electron mass m = 10-30 depend on kg! Justify the following reshaping steps and check by clicking on the "Tip"!
From the voltage U = W / e we calculate the increase in kinetic energy:
E.kin = e U (tip)
m · v2 / 2 = e * U
v2 = 2 e rev / m (tip)
Result: v = √ (2 e U / m)
Calculate the velocity v that electrons get after passing through a certain accelerating voltage with the following form!
Note: The above formula only applies to "classical conditions" - the speed of the electrons must be well below the speed of light c0 = 3 · 108 m / s = 300 x 106 m / s lie (classical approximation).
Compare your results with c0! Up to which acceleration voltage does it make sense to calculate "conventionally"?
Where are "individual electrons" accelerated in technical devices? Research applications from research and technology!
- Calculate the final speed of the accelerated electrons for different voltages (eg: U = 350 V, U = 5 kV, U = 8 kV, U = 20 kV)!
- Does twice the acceleration voltage lead to twice the speed of the electrons?
- Compare the final speed of electrons with the speeds of heavier particles that are accelerated at the same voltage! For example, what can you do for protons (m = 10-27 kg) testify?
- When fast electrons hit an obstacle, X-rays are generated. Research the acceleration voltages from which X-rays can occur!
- At high speeds, relativistic effects must be taken into account (cf. 20 Relativity). Research the connections in this "non-classical case"!
- Do you like the book Twilight
- How do computer screens affect eyesight?
- Mosquitoes are hard-working insects
- How do concentration pills work
- Which cultures show the worst behavior
- In which episode did Aang grow his hair
- Will Apple or Google ever buy Tesla?
- How good is Frenkie De Jong
- How can I download CNBC videos
- What should tourists do in Ronne Bornholm
- How have chakras helped you
- Is there a Tamil WhatsApp group
- Who preceded the House of Windsor
- Where do I research stocks
- Why should we use ReactJS
- How can I be successful in Forex
- Why is the electoral college so complicated
- How do capacitors and inductances reduce the frequency
- What can cause blackheads for teenagers
- Are there notable socialist economists
- What is the pre-tax debt cost
- Is there a vain Greek myth god
- Which career change should I make?
- How often does CPR fail?