Should I do a second doctorate
MD, Dr.med., And PhD:Similar degrees - different meaning
Note: Information about the tour more foreign You can find degrees, titles and designations in the relevant information sheet from the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg (MWK).
The entry "Dr." for professional doctorates, so-called small doctoral degrees or other university degrees not permitted (GMBl 2009, Section 4, Paragraph 1.3).
This applies, for example, to the "Dr.med.univ." (Austria), the "dr.med." (Hungary) or the Iranian doctoral degree.
I graduated from another university. Can I do a doctorate in Heidelberg?
Yes, the doctoral regulations do not stipulate that you must have studied in Heidelberg.
The condition is that you have a doctoral supervisor who has completed his habilitation at our faculty.
(For a doctorate to "Dr.med./dent." During the course, see doctoral regulations).
Do I have to enroll at Heidelberg University after acceptance as a doctoral candidate?
On March 30, 2018, the change to the Baden-Württemberg State University Act came into force. According to § 38 (5) “Persons who have been accepted as doctoral candidates are enrolled in accordance with § 60 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter b; this does not apply to accepted doctoral students who work full-time at the university if they have previously declared in writing to the rectorate that they do not want to be enrolled. "
In this context, we refer you to the Compulsory enrollment down. The concrete measures to implement the legal requirements at Heidelberg University are in preparation. Further information on enrolling as a doctoral candidate can be found here.
My supervisor is leaving.
If your supervisor changes jobs but continues to do his habilitation at our faculty, he / she retains the right to supervise doctoral students. However, if his / her faculty membership expires (e.g. when the call is accepted), all doctoral students who have already registered can still be supervised through our faculty to the end, but no new candidates can be accepted.
It should be borne in mind that a change of job and the associated requirements at the new workplace as well as the spatial distance often make it more difficult to provide support.
You should therefore clarify internally whether an amicable change of supervisor within the department is desirable or useful.
Can I also write the dissertation in English?
Yes, the doctoral degree regulations allow the dissertation to be submitted in German or English; a special application is not required for this.
I would like to insert pictures or graphics in my dissertation that come from textbooks or publications. Is it enough to quote them properly or do you have to ask the publisher for permission?
The approval of the respective publisher or journal must be obtained; fees may also have to be paid. There is sometimes a simplified procedure for students or doctoral candidates.
What should be considered when doing a doctorate abroad?
If the dissertation is to be submitted to our faculty, the PromO and regulations of our faculty apply. This means in detail:
- The doctoral supervisor must have completed his habilitation at our faculty (Section 4, Paragraph 1 PromO); cooperation with an external institution is possible under this condition.
- Please note that animal testing permits and ethics votes must also be submitted for dissertations written abroad, depending on the language of the document, possibly together with an official translation.
- A declaration from the external director of the institute must be submitted, which allows the candidate to submit the results obtained there as part of a dissertation at the Medical Faculty of Heidelberg (Section 4, Paragraph 4 PromO).
- The official supervisor (= who has qualified as a professor at our faculty) along with the clinic / institute appears on the finished dissertation. The cooperation institution is also mentioned on the title page, the co-supervisor there is appropriately acknowledged in the acknowledgment; he appears Not as a doctoral supervisor.
I already have a doctorate, can I submit a second doctoral thesis?
You can only do a doctorate once with a degree. This also applies if the doctorate or a corresponding equivalent (PhD) was obtained abroad. If you have already obtained a doctorate / PhD, a second doctorate at our faculty is only possible with a further degree, e.g .:
You have completed a medical and a dental degree. So you can go to the "Dr. med." and one more time for "Dr.med.dent." do a doctorate.
You have a university diploma and a (dental) medical degree. In this case, the diploma entitles you to a doctorate "Dr. sc. Hum." and the (dental) medical exam for a doctorate to "Dr. med." or. "Dr.med.dent."
A doctoral degree acquired abroad that is only awarded as a degree certificate (a so-called Professional doctorate such as the Austrian "Dr.med.univ." or the Hungarian"Dr. med.").
So too is the degree "Medical Doctor" not to be confused with the German title of one "Dr. med.". During the "Medical Doctor" as a degree is comparable to the German state medical examination, our medical doctoral degree would have to be translated as "Doctor of Medicine".
Can you give me the "Dr.med." certify a PhD?
No. The PhD is a title that, like the doctorate, must be awarded to you explicitly. It may only be used if the university officially awards the title abroad or allows you to tour it. It is therefore at the discretion there to classify the doctorate acquired here as equivalent to the PhD.
It is expressly pointed out that the PhD title may not be used here or abroad without having been awarded to you personally, as this constitutes a misuse of the title in accordance with Section 132a of the German Criminal Code.
In principle, titles may only be used abroad in the form that has been awarded and verifiable by certificate, there are none here "Translations".
- How do you approach writing a villain?
- Is meaningless meaningless
- Why isn't jaywalking heavily enforced in NYC
- What is special about Modi Cabinet 2019
- Does the individual well-being outweigh the common good
- Will TikTok replace all video platforms
- Which one would Tyrannosaurus Rex or Therizinosaurus win?
- How often do men wear sports bras?
- What do cats do during the day
- What are the functions of online sales
- What causes phantom extremity syndrome
- Who was considered the dirtiest boxer
- Is water a solvent
- How do the teleportation forces of Nightcrawlers work
- Why is Mark Cohen walking in Memphis
- How does an exception for farms work
- What can I do for a sketch
- Why is Mark Cohen walking in Memphis
- What is the hearsay rule
- What is 1 8 5 2
- What jobs did you do
- Hebrew is the mother of all languages
- What are the characteristics of the monopoly market
- Colon polyps are harmful