Are Volvo cars worth the investment?
Oldtimer investment: bad business
We all know the stories: If only we hadn't just given away Grandpa's old sidecar motorcycle back then, we wouldn't have had Uncle Theos Borgward scrapped. For youngtimer fans, the careless loss of a Ford Capri appears to be a wasted opportunity. What would it be worth today!
The truth is: love for old automobiles is, like love mostly in principle, a bad business model. It is not enough to simply cover a car with a tarpaulin and wait until it becomes more expensive. If it is not moved regularly, it will crumble in the barn.
Ongoing and hidden costs
Keeping a car in a roadworthy condition quickly costs a four-digit euro amount annually, despite all the discounts for vintage cars (repairs, badges, insurance, temporary deactivation of the license plate, etc.). In spite of the current record reports, an increase in value is only possible with expensive cars. Speculating in automobiles can work, but appears more like heartless gamble. A high capital investment for rarities and thus high risk is almost always necessary.
But what works very well: You can spend a lot of money on the restoration of a classic car in small doses without really seeing it from the outside. A rogue who thinks badly.
Against the throwaway society
As far as the environmental situation is concerned, the all-clear can definitely be given. Even if the good pieces do not comply with any exhaust gas limits and often use a lot of fuel, they do not even play a role in a local energy and pollutant balance. Preservation as a cultural asset is much more important than a kind of symbolic counter-movement to the throw-away society. (Rudolf Skarics, DER STANDARD, 2.8.2013)
- Can hyperthymia be confused with ADHD
- Who is Ozuna
- What is the national tree of Tibet
- Why are Jimin and V so close
- How much have you invested in Electroneum
- Why did people start painting toenails?
- How do I convert phenol to benzaldehyde
- Supports the LBGT community anti-Semitism
- What is the algorithm behind LinkedIn Pulse
- Why is democratically important
- How do I prepare chicken salad
- Why can't we see any energy
- I will come to UMBC
- Is Assad Sunni or Shiite
- Is the air traffic visible from the ISS?
- How can I download a photo book?
- What are the places to practice Spanish
- Pays McKinsey tuition fees for new hires
- What does a vessel thing
- How can I regulate the ego
- Is it better to invest in MktCoin
- How important is it to be heard from Mr Comeys' Congress
- Can someone solve these 2
- Requires CATIA V5 a graphics card