School education for children in Dubai
United Arab Emirates
The Education System in the United Arab Emirates is very well developed and free of charge for all nationals. While girls and boys still attend kindergarten together, in elementary school, as in most Arab countries, lessons take place separately. There is compulsory schooling up to the 9th grade. One teacher teaches 15 students, numbers that educational politicians in many European countries can only dream of.
The children of the guest workers are allowed to attend state schools, but have to pay school fees. Well-paid guest workers have no problem with that. However, schools are taught in Arabic, so foreigners often send their children to private schools, which are numerous in the United Arab Emirates. Large companies often bear the costs for their employees. Again, this only applies to well-paid positions. There are also many different school systems, such as British, American, Canadian, Australian and also schools for German children.
Children of the poor guest workers
The children of immigrants who do not have well-paid jobs like the skilled workers from Europe are less well off. They often come from India or Pakistan. Their children do not live in poverty as in their countries of origin, but their lives are different from the lives of the children of the Emiratis.
For a long time children were also used as jockeys in the popular camel races because they were much lighter than adults. There are now legal regulations that stipulate a higher weight for the jockey, but you don't necessarily stick to them everywhere. The dire form of child labor has repeatedly been heavily criticized.
Rich parents - rich children
Children who go to school in Dubai, for example, and whose parents are wealthy, are usually brought by car. Nothing works on foot, the distances are often too long and the traffic too dangerous. There are school buses and they are an alternative for children who live further away in the outskirts.
A city like Dubai is very child-friendly. The Emiratis promote their children. But not that many children live in Dubai, because many of the guest workers come without their families. Dubai has a considerable surplus of men. There is just one woman for every three men.
- What should we do in the Middle East
- Should I do a second doctorate
- What is the country code for Poland?
- Are people too obsessed with social networks?
- What is your favorite mental disorder
- Think Quora has quality content
- What are the latest in SEO
- What does Donald Trump think of Haiti?
- Is Banasthali better than PES Mandya
- Where can I download Asian pop songs
- How real is the Ghost Hunters show
- How easy is machine learning
- What if you can receive your size
- What do sociocultural anthropologists study
- Which is the best toy e-commerce website
- Which part of the coast is called Konkan
- Are basement apartments illegal in NYC
- Who invented the peg?
- How do I find a certified CFA
- What is the benefit of body massage
- Why do English people eat raw meat?
- What does party mean
- What is a pressure drop
- What is the 6 meter ringing frequency