Who are Micron MU's customers
Micron Introduces Industry First 1α DRAM Technology
BOISE, Idaho, USA, January 26, 2021 - Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: MU), today announced the mass shipments of 1α (1-alpha) node DRAM products, based on the world's most advanced DRAM process technology, offering significant improvements in bit density, power consumption and performance. This milestone underscores Micron's competitive strength and complements recent breakthroughs with the world's fastest graphics memory and the first 176-layer NAND.
"This 1α node achievement validates Micron's excellence in DRAM and is a direct result of Micron's relentless commitment to cutting-edge design and technology," said Scott DeBoer, Executive Vice President of Technology and Products, Micron. "With a storage density that is 40% better than our previous 1z DRAM node, this further development creates a solid basis for future product and memory innovations."
Micron plans to add the 1α node to its DRAM product portfolio later this year to support all environments that use DRAM today. The use cases for this new DRAM technology are extensive - they boost performance in everything from mobile devices to smart vehicles.
Micron is expanding its memory leadership position in several market segments
“Our new 1α DRAM technology will enable the most energy efficient mobile DRAM in the industry and leverage the benefits of our DRAM portfolio for data center, client, consumer technology, industrial and automotive customers,” said Sumit Sadana, Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer at Micron. “With our leadership in both DRAM and NAND technology, Micron is in a great position to capitalize on growth in memory and storage, which will be the fastest growing segments in the semiconductor industry over the next decade . "
Micron's 1α DRAM Node enables more energy efficient, more reliable storage solutions and provides faster LPDDR5 operating speeds for mobile platforms that require superior LPDRAM performance. Micron's innovation brings the industry's most energy efficient mobile DRAM with a 15% improvement in energy savings,  so 5G cellular users can do more tasks on their smartphones without compromising battery life.
Micron's advanced storage node supports densities from 8 Gb to 16 Gb and provides the flexibility to support many of Micron's current DDR4 and LPDDR4 products. At the same time, it offers Micron customers in the areas of data centers, clients, networks and embedded the energy-efficient, reliable and advanced product support they need. This longevity reduces the cost of requalification by customers within their own product life cycles. It also provides better total cost of ownership over the life of the system in application scenarios such as embedded automotive solutions, industrial PCs and edge servers, which typically have a longer life.
Micron's Taiwan manufacturing facilities have mass-produced 1α-node DRAM, starting with DDR4 memory for computing customers and Crucial consumer PC DRAM products. Micron has also begun sampling LPDDR4 for qualification by mobile device customers. The company will introduce additional new products based on this technology during the 2021 calendar year.
1]15% energy savings compared to previous 1z generation of Micron mobile DRAMs.
- Was Ben Affleck's batsuit bulletproof
- What is a space bar
- S06E06 Is Benjen Stark really alive
- The fastest way to make French press coffee
- How many letters in the alphabet
- Is the UV ink environmentally friendly
- Something exists independently of consciousness
- Brett Favre is 62 and 225 pounds
- Have you ever attended your elementary school?
- What features does Boomerang offer for Gmail
- Is the equator in the middle
- Is Ethereum safe for investment
- What problems did people have with BrainTree
- What does buying a domain name mean
- Ignorance is allowed in a relationship
- Why do people kill their friends
- What is the full form of the text
- Gives India Post Payment Banks Loans
- Our pets cry in tears
- What is the best backlit wireless keyboard?
- What is Pentaho data integration
- Gardening is good workout
- What stones are formed from sediments
- What is your daily skin care routine