When will Apple replace Tim Cook
Tim Cook: "Probably" not at the top in ten years
Tim Cook is now 60 - four years older than his predecessor Steve Jobs when he died in October 2011. The question of how long the Apple boss will remain at the top of the group seems justified. In an interview with tech journalist Kara Swisher, Cook has now elicited details for the first time.
When asked directly whether he would still be with Apple in a decade, Cook replied that he would "probably" no longer lead the company, although that date was "not yet in sight". He didn't say who could take the job. But he feels "great".
Who will take over after Cook?
In fact, a number of important Apple managers had recently left the company or moved to other posts. Marketing director Phil Schiller is actually retired, but still takes care of the App Store. Ex hardware boss Dan Riccio should take care of augmented reality glasses and Co. Former head of design Jony Ive, without whom Apple couldn't work for a long time, has long since left the house. Which new generation of Cook & Co. could replace is in the stars.
In the interview, Cook also mentioned his admiration for Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk. He also values the e-car builder very much. "Tesla did an amazing job," said Cook. Tesla is the market leader and will hold this place "for a long time". Amazingly, however, Cook never claims to have spoken to Musk - although Apple is said to have once been interested in Tesla.
Facebook criticism shocked Cook
Cook also spoke to Swisher about the criticism of the Tracking Transparency app in iOS 14.5, which came from Facebook, among others. She "shocked" him, because privacy is at stake here and its protection is out of the question. When it comes to the App Store, Cook remains tough: he considers sideloading via alternative software sources for the iPhone to be problematic in terms of security.
Cook also commented once more on augmented reality. The area is "extremely critical" for Apple's future. "It would be great if we could expand our discussion here with content," said Cook, who did not allow himself to be pinned to the fact that Apple is working on AR glasses. (bsc)Comment on the post
Mac & i informs you daily about everything important about Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch.
You can find detailed information on the dispatch procedure and your cancellation options in our data protection declaration.
- What secrets are hiding in Kathmandu Nepal
- How corrupt is the Taiwanese government
- What should be there in the drinking water
- Steel has magnetic properties
- What are active transport and passive transport
- What makes an artist portfolio great
- What is the longest range private jet
- Oxygen reacts with all elements
- Can Thor survive in a black hole?
- Entire neighborhoods in Detroit were destroyed
- What makes ZMapp effective against Ebola 1
- What's the loneliest street in Wyoming
- What is the correct spelling of re-communicating
- What do geography majors do after graduation
- Where is the largest pickle bar in the world
- Is it right to say that it is worthy
- How does an ICE start
- Make 4th marriages ever last
- Is Russia a bigger threat than terrorism?
- Would have really saved NASA Mark Watney
- Are Sasuke and Naruto gay?
- Why can't airplanes move backwards by themselves?
- Where's Jabba the Hutt
- What would Quora be without Robert Scoble
- Who can do e-commerce
- What happens when Saturn enters Capricorn
- How does slime help children
- Which animals can run faster than cars
- People liked the declaration of independence
- What does MF mean in music
- Why should I be a religious priest?
- What is increased property liquidity
- What is medical physics