Why are Twitch streamers so eligible
Twitch throws 7.5 million bots off the platform
Twitch had to take action against so-called viewbots in the past. Now the streaming platform is about to take another hit. The company announced via Twitter that it had withdrawn more than 7.5 million artificial viewers from circulation. Above all, this has led to a large loss of followers among the stars of the platform.
Number of followers minimized
On April 14th, Twitch posted a statement on Twitter that said, "We have seen the increase in fake engagements on Twitch and identified 7.5 million+ accounts that violate our terms and conditions through follow-botting and view-botting. We are taking action against these accounts and we welcome all reports on the matter. " The number of followers is often used as an indicator to assess the relevance of a streamer, even if the platform now actually uses other parameters to put its streamer in the special light of the front page.
Nevertheless, for most streamers who have not yet received a lot of attention, it is a matter of prestige to point out a certain number of followers.
The blocking of millions of bots also meant that the number of followers was massively reduced for some streamers. Two of them were hit particularly hard: the former Overwatch e-athlete Félix "xQc" Lengyel lost almost 2.6 million followers, the streaming veteran Chance "Sodapoppin" Morris lost 3.2 million followers, reports the game magazine " Kotaku ". However, these losses do not appear to have resulted in a significant drop in viewership, suggesting that the bots were either inactive or Twitch was already counting them as active viewers.
Twitch remains strict
Twitch has cracked down on the bot invasion several times in the past. In 2018, the company won a lawsuit against two Viewbot sellers. Twitch was awarded a total of $ 1.3 million in damages, says "Kotaku".
With this, Twitch rigorously enforces its own house rules. Only recently, the platform published a new guideline that allows streamers to be blocked for misconduct away from the platform, (fpz, April 19, 2021)
- What is x if 6x 4x 20
- How are real estate agents paid
- How would you promote printer ink cartridges
- How do remote sensing satellites work
- Religious belief creates social problems
- Will the Xbox 360 be discontinued or not
- Can a dead baby be delivered normally?
- What are the six quarks
- When should I use classes in C ++
- What is a pelvic belt
- Why US citizens don't like Canadians
- Why are Californians considered notoriously bad drivers
- Are there languages without articles
- What do people learn in photography
- An increase in the freezing point is possible
- How does YouTube make money 1
- How real is the Ghost Hunters show
- Is cat food safe for possums
- What is the cheapest telescope in 2019
- How can i lose 100 pounds
- Provides Jio with a WAN network
- Is Kodaikanal safe for unmarried couples
- How uncomfortable is a catheter
- Why is GNU grep so fast