Bacterial cells have chloroplasts
Individual chloroplasts are about 5-6 µm (micrometers) long. Like the mitochondria and the cell nucleus, chloroplasts are enclosed by two semi-permeable cell membranes, which enables the release and absorption of substances (e.g. water). This double membrane can be explained by the so-called endosymbiont hypothesis, which represents the current state of research on the origin of eukaryotes. According to this, chloroplasts were created by the immigration of cyanobacteria into the precursors of plant cells. Means that chloroplasts were once autonomous, photosynthesis-inducing bacteria and that they were taken up by the precursor cells of plants during phylogenesis, e.g. through phagocytosis.
The intermembrane space is located between the two membranes. The inner membrane of the chloroplasts is turned inside out and forms the thylakoids. The thylakoids form stacks called grana; this is where the light reaction, which is decisive for photosynthesis, takes place. Inside the chloroplasts is the stroma, the cytosol of the chloroplasts. The stroma also contains the DNA and ribosomes of the chloroplasts. Just like the mitochondria, the chloroplasts also have their own (circular) DNA. Chloroplasts replicate independently of the cell cycle of the rest of the cell and thus represent an autonomous organelle. All these facts are further arguments for the endosymbiotic theory.
- How do I get a detergent formula
- What does ICICI stand for
- How do I get proof of vaccination
- How does social media affect your personality?
- Can take All For One mutation smacks
- What is BMS
- What are the merits of using plastic
- Why are axes blunt weapons?
- What's your rating of Thumbtack
- How to treat a rat bite
- How to Get Mobile App Marketing
- Which subway is in the Mughal Garden
- What do conservatives think of John Oliver
- What is the mexican war
- What does Fitbit Versa do
- What is your rating of solar energy
- How can I get alcohol at festivals
- Honda Civic are the most reliable cars
- What are some trending makeup styles
- How do theoretical and empirical probability differ
- How does Hegel's philosophy compare with Kant's?
- Can I buy AppleCare for AirPods?
- Why do social situations frighten me
- A person can be overly rational