Is there a cure for depression 1
How effective are antidepressants?
Like all drugs, they can have side effects. Over half of people report it when treated with it. They usually appear in the first few weeks of use, later they show up less often.
Some side effects are believed to be directly related to the effects of the drugs on the brain and are relatively similar for different drugs in the same group. While taking, patients report dry mouth, headaches, circulatory problems, internal restlessness and sexual disorders, for example. Such complaints are often perceived as side effects of the medication. However, some of these symptoms could also be consequences of the.
Whether, how often and what side effects occur depends not only on the time of treatment but also on the active ingredient and the respective dosage. In addition, everyone reacts slightly differently. The risk of side effects increases if other medications are also taken. Then one remedy can increase the side effects of the other. Such interactions are common in the elderly or in people with other chronic conditions who are taking multiple medications.
It is therefore important to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the individual preparations with your doctor in detail.
Some side effects are more common with certain active substances:
- SSRIs are more likely to cause diarrhea, headaches, insomnia and nausea than tricyclic ones.
- More often than SSRIs, tricyclics cause blurred vision, constipation, dizziness, dry mouth, tremors, and problems urinating.
The side effects of the tricyclic are often more distressing than those of the SSRI or SNRI. Therefore, tricyclic use is more likely to be discontinued: In studies, about 15 out of 100 people did this - compared to about 10 out of 100 people who took SSRIs. In addition, with tricyclic there is a greater risk of serious side effects as a result of an overdose.
- Why are robots so popular these days
- Who is Kan after Bhagwat Geeta
- Why are weak ties important
- What is the area of a parallelogram
- What is Adelaide known for?
- Can fit 4 adults in Ford Mustang
- Weeping trees
- Why is Fornite dying
- What is corrosive
- Why can't someone make new words
- Artificial tan can cause cancer or wrinkles
- Why did Troy Aikman retire
- Why use mosfet
- What is a task in the storm topology
- Where can I learn digital art online
- Is the real WiFi was accidentally invented
- Why didn't the Hungarians revolt after 1956?
- Why did people start painting toenails?
- How can I get Siri to read web pages
- How can I glue silicone rubber
- What are the methods of science
- What are some unknown errors
- Why don't billionaires wear fashionable clothes?
- Ever question your atheism