How do CO2 molecules vibrate?
Laser pp 95-119 | Cite as
- Jürgen Eichler
- Hans Joachim Eichler
Laser radiation in the infrared is often generated with gas lasers. For infrared lasers, it is primarily the radiation of molecular gases that is used. With radiation transitions between Rotation Levels of a molecule whose vibrational state remains unchanged, relatively small energy differences occur. The corresponding wavelength range is between 25 μm and 1 mm. In this context, one speaks of far-infrared lasers (Section 6.1). The energy differences between Vibration Rotation Levels of the same electronic state are greater. Therefore, the wavelength of such laser radiation is smaller; it is between 5 μm and 30 μm (Section 6.2). CO is particularly widespread2-Laser that emits a wavelength of 10 μm. Find laser transitions between different ones electronic levels instead, the wavelengths are in the visible and ultraviolet range. The nitrogen and excimer lasers are particularly important (Section 7).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin, Laboratory for Laser Applications and OptoelectronicsBerlinGermany
- 2.Laser- und Medizin-Technologie GmbH Berlin and Technical University Berlin, Institute for Optics and Atomic PhysicsBerlinGermany
- How many shirts should you own?
- What's the worst notebook
- Is there a registered WWE betting website
- Can I get into Caltech or MIT?
- Why are beautiful people more successful
- Why is a Capricorn not considered good
- How was Stevie Wonder discovered
- Which city has the best cooks
- What are the three macroeconomic problems
- Well worth buying an 800 phone
- What is hydrolysis and hydration
- What is rigidity in civil engineering
- What can we learn from economic theory
- Should FIFA take over Australian football? Why
- Should a startup model grow before launch
- Can liquids be ferromagnetic?
- Electronic cigarettes are they effective
- Is there a spam moderation at Quora
- Why should I visit Lake Tahoe
- How do I clean my iPhone
- How do you learn to enjoy luxury
- Walnuts reduce cholesterol levels
- How to say anger in Indonesian
- The sun has a gravitational force