What is a stub column
What is a stub on the circuit board?
What is a stub on the PCB and what is it used for? Stubs exist with PCB traces and also vias, why?
They are used for impedance matching and filtering.
The image from Wikipedia below shows various stripline features used to create various elements etched into a circuit board with the descriptions below.
In the first column some simple planar filter structures are shown. The second column shows the open-wire equivalent circuit diagram for these structures. The third column is a semi-lump element approximation where the elements labeled K or J are impedance and admittance transformers, respectively. The fourth column shows an approximation with lumped elements, the further assumption being made that the impedance transformers are λ / 4 transformers.
(a) A short-circuit stub parallel to the main line.
(b) An interruption parallel to the main line.
(c) A short-circuit line coupled to the main line.
(d) Coupled short-circuited lines.
(e) Open circuit coupled lines.
Stripline vias (the little silver connections at the ends) create a strap through the board that connects to the baseplate below
Once you become familiar with transmission lines, you will understand the purpose of these elements. If you're not familiar, it's a scary but fascinating subject that I want to learn more about. It's the weird stuff about electricity. Know your enemy.
There is a little more explanation in a previous answer I gave to your previous question about reflections.
- What needs to be done before the divorce
- How long does alopecia areata
- How amazing are Indians
- What does our DNA actually tell us?
- When can India teach a lesson to Pakistan?
- What is the best backlit wireless keyboard?
- How to pronounce Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- What is MOS 90G
- How big is the Google Photos team
- How can you make globalization fairer
- What can I make with mutual funds
- Islam completely forbids lying without exceptions
- How is international trade conducted?
- What is an inspection when testing software
- What are carcinogenic foods
- What is Disposable Syringe Making Machine
- Why do most NoSQL databases not support LDAP?
- You can unblock your arteries naturally
- Can someone teach me matched betting
- What is the Lokis Symbol
- What are some examples of a constant
- What is more important quality or brand
- What are some good GIMP tutorials
- Spain has cities in North Africa