Why is the English language not important
English on the job
Arabic, Chinese, English at work: which foreign languages are in demand?
English is the most important thing for more than 87 percent of employers. English thus trumps all other foreign languages. On the Second place went to French, however, they are only required in five percent of job advertisements. Even more sporadically, bosses require knowledge of Italian, Dutch, Polish and Spanish. By contrast, employers only want Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Russian in two percent of job vacancies.
Big differences between industries
In some industries, English is often in demand at work, but in other industries it is hardly at all. You probably think of interpreters, foreign language correspondents and language teachers first. But the analysis shows that knowledge of the English language is also important for numerous other professional groups that apparently have nothing to do with foreign countries. For example, English skills apply to Lawyers, engineers and other natural scientists as key qualifications. Two thirds of the vacancies in these areas require a decent level of English. Foreign language requirements are also common in sales, after all, employees in this area often have to deal with foreign countries.
It looks different in the public service. Foreign languages are seldom a requirement here; only a fifth of job advertisements require applicants to be able to speak English. For the German is sufficient for most public service jobs therefore off. Foreign language skills are also rarely required for job applications for doctors and nurses. A full eight percent of the job advertisements for doctors explicitly state knowledge of the English language as a requirement. In the case of the advertisements for nurses, it is only five percent.
Whether you urgently need English at work depends on the industry and your company. But even if you rarely use foreign languages at work, it can't hurt to work on your language skills. At the latest when you want to move up to the management level, you will benefit from your language skills.
- How valuable are Valyrian swords in ASOIAF
- How to learn Angular 2 4
- Elvis Presley was a good piano player
- Who killed Spider Man in the comics
- What is the electoral standard of Thailand
- Why do nuclear reactors need cooling towers
- What is dj
- What counts as a diversified stock portfolio
- How can SEO companies promise backlinks
- Can ESE preparation help crack GATE
- What is it like to do 500k
- Can a person make things float?
- How do you test analog circuits
- What is stress
- Can I drink cola while preparing for the colonoscopy?
- How do you cure pimples
- Can't boys like their crushed friends
- How is a teacher's pension calculated?
- Judges can send themselves to jail
- Have you been too lenient with your ex
- Which soap is best for blackheads
- What makes Putin a good leader
- Bootleg albums are really illegal by now
- What are the benefits of orange seeds