How is fencing scored
The term sword comes from the French (degue), and that means something like a long dagger. It is a stabbing weapon with a long, narrow, triangular, elastic and straight blade.
It developed from the rapier at the end of the 17th century and was not only widespread among the military, but also among wealthy citizens and nobles. In addition, it was used for fencing from the beginning, which it revolutionized because it made fencing with parade and riposte possible due to its lower weight and center of gravity.
Since the beginning of the 19th century, swords have only been worn by officers and heavy cavalry. Even today there are corresponding swords in various armies.
Like the foil, the rapier is purely a stabbing weapon, but with a maximum weight of 770 grams, it is significantly heavier. Like the foil, it must not be longer than 110 centimeters. The epee blade has a triangular cross-section and tapers towards the tip. From the bell, the epee blade including the point must not be longer than 90 centimeters.
The entire body is a valid point of contact in the sword. A hit display is only triggered if the tip head sitting on the blade tip is pressed in with more than 750 grams of pressure and by at least 1.0 millimeter. The latter is checked by the referee before each battle.
There is no right to hit in the sword: it's all about being the first to hit. Simultaneous hits within 0.05 seconds - this is only available in epee fencing - both fencers are rated with one point each. Because it is very easy for the attacker to concede a goal, the sword is sometimes fought very tactically and for mistakes by the opponent.
- Why isn't google search working
- Who will win the Copa America 2020
- How effective was the Soviet secret service during World War II
- Why do you have Spotify Premium
- How heavy is AP Capstone
- What should be there in the drinking water
- Who is the best board
- How did education develop? Why
- How does an exception for farms work
- Acknowledges the Khojaly massacre in Armenia
- Why is pink your favorite color
- What is the real face of horror
- Are you named after a famous person?
- What does a vessel thing
- Overrated in America
- Colon polyps are harmful
- Which port does PPTP use
- How long have you been a Christian?
- Bangladeshi developers are very good at programming
- What has frustrated you the most recently
- What kind of makeup brushes are they
- Can neodymium magnets be demagnetized?
- How is Lisbon growing these days
- Why do people like to drink soda