What made your parents' home unforgettable
Say thank you: 4 tips + 80 warm phrases & sayings
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Say thank you in style: 4 simple tips
No matter what: Ideally, you would like to say thank you within 48 hours - in person, by phone or with a short thank you card. So the thank you is more immediate, more spontaneous and more authentic. The four basic rules for saying thank you are simple:
- Remain authentic
You can save yourself thanks that does not come from the heart. When “thank you” mutates into a polite phrase, others notice it and feel manipulated.
- Thank you personally
Ideally, you should always say thank you in person. The effect is greater than via SMS or email. Plus, it feels more sincere.
- Get specific
Be specific about what you are thanking for. Please don't make endless speeches. One or two sentences are enough. This is how the recipient knows that you know what he or she has done.
- Give time
Thanking is not something you should be doing on the side. A "thank you" shouted in passing is heard, but it seems cheap. Take your time, pay attention to your counterpart and let the "thank you" echo.
In turn, you should avoid these mistakes when you say thank you:
➠ Impersonal form of address
➠ Name misspelled
➠ Recognizable mass mail
➠ Use empty phrases
➠ Exuberance instead of clear words
PS: The word "thank you" can also have other meanings. Ironically emphasized (“Thank you for nothing!”) It amounts to a reproach or a complaint formulated in a friendly manner. In a restaurant or as a guest, “thank you” sometimes also means “stop!”, “Stop!”, “Thank you, it's enough!” - for example when we are poured. So it depends on the tone of voice. In most cases, however, the phrase signals humility and gratitude.
Say thank you: 80+ formulations & examples
Gratitude is a particularly noble path to happiness, contentment, and success. Saying thank you to someone is like applauding actors after a good performance: they appreciate their dedication and effort and don't take both for granted. A "thank you" not only gives honor and warm words - it connects. Accordingly, we have put together numerous thank you notes for various situations and occasions.
Free download: Thank you notes of all kinds
Say thank you - but in style. You can download an extensive list and collection of sayings and quotes to say thank you as a PDF for free.
To download the thank-you notes
The best sayings of thanks for cards and letters
- “Thank you for your smile in the morning.
Thanks, I'm worried for your advice.
Thank you for laughing at yourself too.
And make me happy again and again. "
- “Sometimes it takes a thousand words.
Sometimes you visit 1000 places.
Sometimes you talk about the bush.
And sometimes the words only need three:
Thank you so much!"
- “Thank you for many wonderful hours.
Thank you for days of light.
Thank you for being my muse with your smile. "
- "THANK YOU for all the little miracles of everyday life that have become reality through you."
- “Merci, for the open ear.
Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks for the helping hand. "
- “The years have passed so quickly.
Together we've gone far
have seen and laughed a lot.
I look back gratefully on the way with you,
you are my very best luck. "
- “Thank you. You know what for.
It would be too much to mention everything now.
Just THANK YOU for knowing each other. "
- “It is time for gratitude to take wing and to make its way to you: I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. To you. Your help. Your time."
- "Thanks for the many little things,
that make my life easier.
Thank you for thinking of me
and guide me through my everyday life.
Even if you think I don't notice:
Thank you for everything, I think of you! "
- “The magic word everyone knows. But don't always call them by name. This is what I want to say to you today: It means "Thank you" - and it comes from me. "
- “We often talk about the bush.
The most important thing is not there.
But today it's different
today I'll tell you:
You are so wonderful.
I thank you."
- “Not the lucky ones are grateful. It is the grateful who are happy. I am very happy - thanks to you! "
Say thank you for your birthday
Receiving congratulations and gifts makes you happy. But it is not something that can be taken for granted. Especially when the giver - recognizable - has made an effort, made personal thoughts and invested a lifetime. Ingenuity, creativity and imagination convey appreciation. Extraordinary congratulations are a message that comes from the heart. This also demands recognition - at least through a “thank you”. So you can say thank you for the congratulations and stay positive in the memory and heart of the anniversary:
- "Thank you very much for your birthday card. Your wonderful words touched me deeply. This birthday will stay in my memory for a long time. "
- “A big thank you for coming to my birthday party. You made it a special evening. Thank you also for your individual gift. I really appreciate the thoughts that go into it. "
- "I was very happy about your heartfelt birthday wishes. They mean a lot to me and I will remember them for a long time. "
- “Thank you for being there for my birthday yesterday. That made it a very special day. Many people have congratulated me - but your birthday wishes are particularly valuable to me. "
- “Thank you very much for thinking of me on my birthday. Well, got a year older again! Time - it's running. And yet I am very grateful to go along this path with you. Maybe that's why time goes by so quickly ... "
- “It's nice that you exist and that you were there - on my birthday. Thank you for your wonderful words, which lingered on for a long time. You are a real gift to me from everyone. "
- “I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your congratulations and your great gift. You couldn't ask for more. I'm still really happy ... Thank you! "
- “Your wonderful words for my birthday were not only a pleasure for me - they are also an incentive and encouragement for me and the coming year of life. From the heart: Thank you for that! "
- “I would like to thank you for the loving preparation and support on my birthday. That means more to me than any gift - thank you! "
- “The best guests came to my birthday party. They brought gifts that I like to think of. But you were the best for the festival. It remains an unforgettable birthday. Thanks!"
Say thanks for help among colleagues
At work, you give each other a hand and work together towards success. Accordingly, you should say thank you every now and then and show your colleagues that you appreciate the help. A friendly message via WhatsApp or email is often enough. If someone did you a great favor, thank them personally. In both cases, simple and clear formulations are sufficient:
- "Thank you for your active support over the past few weeks. I couldn't have done this without your help. You really have something good with me! "
- “My gratitude knows no bounds: You pulled me out of the mess when you stepped in for me at short notice. Without your help, I would no longer see any country. "
- “I hope you know that I won't take your help for granted. It is not. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. "
- “I wanted to say thank you because you have supported me several times over the past few weeks and have advanced my ideas. That meant a lot to me and was very helpful. "
- “I really appreciate your helping me. Many Thanks!"
- "Thank you that I can always rely on you."
- "I just wanted to say thank you for your support in my project."
- “We were only able to implement the project so successfully together. You have made a significant contribution to this. For this - at this point: Thank you very much! "
- “What would I do in my job without you? Thank you so much!"
- “I don't even know how to thank you. I'll try anyway: It means a lot to me that you took over at such short notice. Thanks."
- “Thank you for your active support. Without your commitment, everything would have had to be postponed. These flowers are meant to be a small gesture of thanks and attention. "
TIP: Perhaps you will combine your thanks with a gift. There are gifts that always fit - chocolates and flowers, for example. If a colleague supports you with encouragement in a difficult time, a colleague has stepped in for you or has relieved you of work on a project, it should also be worth material thanks.
Say thank you to employees
Bosses should also say thank you to their employees. That happens far too rarely. Hierarchy or not: The working relationship and working atmosphere thrive on people meeting as equals and treating each other with respect. It is essential to thank. Here are examples and formulations of how bosses can thank employees:
- "Dear employees,
I would like to thank you very much for the great cooperation! I know the year is only halfway through, but I would like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you on the company outing. The last few months and the work on the difficult project have shown again how strong the team spirit is. I wish us all a lot of fun and continued success. "
- "Dear colleagues,
After completing the biggest project that we have ever mastered in this company, I wanted to say thank you again! I appreciate how much everyone has achieved in the past few months and I am also aware of the stress and strain involved. With this team, I am sure that I will be able to master any challenge successfully. Many Thanks!"
- "Dear Mrs. Miller,
You have now been working for us for ten years and have become something of an institution in this company. No request was too much for you, no way too far, no customer request was too difficult - you always knew exactly which contact person would be considered. Please stay with us for the next ten years with words and deeds. As a token of appreciation and thanks, I would like to hand you these flowers and a voucher for / for ... "
- "Dear Colleagues,
The year is drawing to a close and it is time to say thank you to all of you. I would like to say thank you for your expertise, your commitment and your willingness to go beyond the normal. I was really impressed by the excellent teamwork. There is still real team spirit here, everyone has lend a hand and did their best - great! I would like to thank you not only on behalf of the company for your commitment, but also from our numerous business customers, who are always impressed by how smoothly everything runs, even in exceptional situations. I wish you and your families and friends a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year, we will see you again next year with renewed vigor! "
- "Dear Mr. Meier,
I would like to thank you again for the good cooperation this year at the end of the year. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. "
- "Dear Team,
I would like to thank you all for your dedicated work over the past three months! I know that overtime is not a matter of course and I am all the more pleased that you have shown commitment again and again, even if it delayed your own evening. The result is more than impressive: We have won a new, enthusiastic customer, and more orders are in the pipeline. Since I want to honor so much commitment, this year's company party will take place at the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten. I look forward to further cooperation and say thank you! "
Say thank you to friends and family
Just as privately - to friends or family - show when you are grateful. You can incorporate significantly more emotions than in your job. The gratitude therefore does not have to be an outburst of emotion. But you are generally more flexible when it comes to the design and formulation. How to say thank you in private life:
- D - You are just great.
A - Working with you is fun.
N - You never gave up courage.
K - Sure, you were always there for me.
E - Honestly, I just want to say thank you.
- "I am so thankful that you exist. I enjoy every day with you! "
- “I can't tell you how much your help means to me. I can always count on you. Many Thanks!"
- “What would I do if I didn't have you? I just wanted to say thank you for everything you've done lately. "
- “You pretend it's not a big deal, but it is to me! Thank you for everything!"
- “Thank you for standing by me, even if it wasn't always easy. Your friendship means more to me than I can say. "
- “I can't imagine what my life would be like without you. Even if words are not enough, I wanted to at least say THANK YOU. "
- “You and I - we just belong together. For the time together, the fun and every smile that you put on my face: Thank you. "
Say thank you goodbye
You never go so completely. The last farewell words echo. A stylish finish doesn't need many or big words. One to three sentences is enough if you express your heartfelt gratitude for a great time together. Whether you are looking for sayings to say goodbye to a colleague or a few words of farewell in general: Here you will find a small selection of how to say thank you in perfect form:
- “You always collect the best memories together. Thank you for this wonderful day together. "
- "Thanks for coming. The time with you was - as always - beautiful and intense. I hope we can do that again soon. "
- “Thank you for inviting me to your party. It was a wonderful festival. I really enjoyed the time and now I wish you a good time with wonderful memories. I would be happy if you visit me again ... "
- “I would like to thank you warmly for the pleasant neighborhood and the considerate coexistence. It was a wonderful time in this company and environment. "
- “Thank you for stopping by. That surprised me and at the same time was very good. I hope we'll see you again soon."
- “Time flies, memory never. There are moments that cannot be put into words. Just feel. Thank you very much for a great time together. "
- “A wonderful day is behind us. I thank you for the many congratulations, the good advice and wonderful gifts. You made a splendid contribution to the success and made this day unforgettable. For this I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. "
- "Many thanks for the invitation. It was really nice at your place. To say goodbye, I wish you a nice evening, all the best and hope to see you again soon! "
- “It's a shame that you have to go already. Thank you for taking your time and making the evening so beautiful. I wish you a safe and safe journey home! "
Say thank you funny
It doesn't always have to be deadly serious. You can also say thank you with a wink, humor or a dash of sarcasm and irony. It is only important that the other person can assess the message and share the same sense of humor. Otherwise the funny sayings tend to have the opposite effect. Saying thank you in a funny way does even more: it lowers inhibitions.Especially people who find it difficult to say thank you to others jump over such a classic hurdle. So the funny sayings do not intend to ridicule the thanks, but to take away the (meaning) gravity.
- “I just wanted to say thank you, mom. You made a really great child out of me. "
- “You embarrassed me in front of friends, spied on me and taught me a lot of patience. I know I should be grateful to you for that. Unfortunately you are my smartphone! "
- “Thank you for letting me call you at three o'clock last night. I really didn't mean to disturb, but I just couldn't sleep. You won't either. "
- “Thanks for persuading me to go out last night. The severe hangover, the excessive overdraft facility and the criminal complaint were worth it! "
- “Say thank you with a poem
is actually not an obligation.
But rhymes make a difference
and also impress a lot more. "
- “You can keep your Euronen, the EU doesn't even want to manage it. I would, however, thank you for a piggy bank full of francs. "
- “Thank you for always trying so hard when cooking. I appreciate the effort. "
Download: Say thank you in other languages
If you are traveling or abroad, “thank you” is one of the most important words that you should know and be able to use. Here is an overview of how to say thank you in different languages:
Download: Say thank you abroad
Psychology: Saying thank you is a social lubricant
Most people learned to say thank you in the nursery. Mom and Dad already warned: “How do you say that? - Thank you! ”Today, gratitude is part of common manners, etiquette and courtesy. Even more: It follows a fixed choreography, also called “speech acts”. To a “please” we reply with “thank you” - to a “thank you” with: “you're welcome”. Sure, sometimes it's a bit clichéd. But necessary. A missing thank you is an indirect contempt.
Saying thank you is not just a matter of good morals or manners - it is the lubricant of social interaction. Thanks is an expression of respect, appreciation and mutual respect. A missing thank you is not always commented on. But it is guaranteed to be noticed. In the case of repetition, one should not be surprised if there is no longer an opportunity to thank someone in the future - because nobody is bothering anymore.
Sayings of thanks and gratitude quotes
- "Many misunderstandings arise from the fact that a thank you is not expressed, but only felt." (Ernst R. Hauschka)
- "Gratitude is one of the debts that everyone has, but few pay it off." (Proverb)
- "Thanks is an oppressive burden for small souls, a need for noble hearts." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "Gratitude is the memory of the heart." (Jean-Baptiste Massillon)
- "Gratitude is a duty that should be fulfilled, but which nobody has the right to expect." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
Why is it so difficult for many to say thank you?
Saying thank you is good form. But by no means all humans have mastered it. So why is it so difficult for some - to bring the word "thank you" to your lips (or to express gratitude in some other way)? In fact, behavioral research has dealt with the question and has come to quite different results. In a nutshell: When people find it difficult to say thank you, there can be several reasons:
Someone feels superior to another person and considers a thank you to be unworthy of them. So the reason is simply arrogance.
Those affected never learned to say thank you. Neither at home through the parental home, nor through their later social environment. You have simply never been taught that way, which shapes the later, ungrateful behavior.
Someone has received support but doesn't know how to thank them for it. For example, when large sums of money are involved (for example as a gift from parents or from uncle / aunt), many people find it particularly uncomfortable to say thank you. They are ashamed - and remain silent out of shame.
Those affected take the help or attention as a matter of course or as a fair (consideration) performance for something they have once shown this person. Or as a merit. In short: nothing to say thank you for.
In this case, those affected suspect some kind of manipulation attempt behind the friendliness or support. The giver or helper may not be so selfless, but would like to force something in return (through feelings of guilt).
No question, a thank you expresses appreciation. Particularly in the case of assistance, however, the recipient simultaneously admits that he needed help. Quite a few people, however, hate the feeling of being (were) helpless - or they are afraid of appearing powerless, incapable or even dependent on others.
And last but not least, some are just shabby, careless and thoughtless - and simply forget to say thank you. That doesn't make it any better, but it does happen.
Please do not misunderstand this list: They are explanations for why some people do not utter “thank you” - no apology or even justification. Not saying thank you remains impolite and inattentive. In addition, we deprive ourselves of the happiness we feel to know: There are also others who stand up for me, who stand by my side and help when I need it.
Accept thanks: Thank you. May I help you!
Accepting thanks is as embarrassing or uncomfortable to some as saying thank you itself. Perhaps because you take your deed for granted after all. Or (wrongly) believe that thanking you diminishes the good deed and selflessness. Nonsense! Anyone who has provided friendly, helpful and not calculating support can calmly accept the thanks - without a guilty conscience. Not succinct, of course, but also as politely as possible. Ideally in these 3 steps:
If someone thanks you, don't be shy - provided the thank you was justified. Accept it. Just like that, without a big gesture or many words.
- Looking forward
Make sure you show that you appreciate the nice gesture. Just out of courtesy. A smile is often enough, or a “welcome” or “gladly again”.
- To thank
Unfortunately, gratitude rarely occurs. So encourage those who do anyway - and thank you for the thank you. A heartfelt "thank you" is enough. Or as Erhard Blanck once put it: “Thank you! - It is short and to the point, but only very few people know it. "
What other readers have read about it
- What screams I'm new to Atlanta
- How were the Hashashin trained
- Are Christianity and Darwinism incompatible
- Why does Adelaide not have high-rise buildings?
- Is it profitable to do marble business
- Is media influential
- Where can I find a photography blogger
- What happened to RocknRoll
- How can I feel cotton against polyester
- What happened to the Portuguese Empire
- Which channel does the CW switch on?
- How's the acoustics in Carnegie Hall
- How are God and free will compatible?
- Why does fear cause fatigue?
- What is the smallest and largest algae
- How many people did Julius Caesar kill?
- How is math related to telecommunications
- What is the value of knowledge 1
- What are some good homemade sauce recipes
- Are we really getting rewards from StepSetGo
- How is Amdocs Pune for Java developers
- How do I get a job in DHL
- What is the term document matrix algorithm
- What is DolphinDos