Why are scorpions considered dangerous
Most scorpions sting to defend themselves because people accidentally sit on them or put on clothes and shoes that a scorpion hid in at daybreak. Scorpions are nocturnal animals that perish when exposed to strong sunlight.
What are the symptoms of a scorpion sting?
Adults usually only experience severe, burning pain at the puncture site, which disappears after a few hours. In the case of severe poisoning, the following general symptoms also occur:
- Nausea with vomiting,
- Sweats and muscle tremors,
- Circulatory collapse,
- Difficulty breathing
- Impaired consciousness.
Children react more strongly than adults because they receive the same dose of poison as an adult, but have a much lower body weight. Children should therefore be taken to the nearest clinic immediately.
Which measures are useful?
Most of the time, no special measures are required. Nevertheless, you should consult a doctor so that an antidote (antiserum) can be injected in good time in the event of severe poisoning. Leave the stitch point as it is.
Under no circumstances should you suck out, squeeze out, cut open or burn out the puncture site. Also, do not cool or heat the stitched area or rub it in. Tying off the body part does not help either, it usually results in severe damage.
Children should first calm down and rest the affected part of the body. Remove rings and bracelets (due to edema formation). Put your arm in a sling or splint your leg. Do not give children drinks.
If a doctor is not on site immediately in the case of severe poisoning, the main focus is on maintaining breathing and circulation (vital functions).
How can you prevent scorpion stings?
- Do not turn over stones or branches lying on the ground during the day. Do not reach into crevices either.
- When camping, do not put your clothes on the ground at night. Shake off your shoes in the morning before putting them on.
- In desert regions, do not walk barefoot at night or sit on the ground.
- Do not try to catch a scorpion.
Author & source information
- What are the best countries for atheists
- What does Nitro Pro cost
- What are your little joys of life
- What are the components of blockchain nodes
- Are you satisfied with the work in an MNC?
- Why don't airplanes have missile repulsion systems
- What is probiotic
- Contains Amla Ascorbic Acid
- What is the best for a company
- Can humans survive on the moon?
- What is a Healthy Weight Loss Option
- Why are hazard symbols important
- What is the future of biopesticides
- Where can I get a bulk email list
- What is hauntological music
- How good is a fountain pen
- Deep learning can help the robot learn to walk
- What are some examples of benthic organisms
- Which is the Strangest Bollywood Facts
- What is the best cardiology textbook
- Why do people die at the age of 27
- Are Ukrainian and Russian women polygamous
- How much do dividend forecasts cost
- How often does CPR fail?