A vitamin deficiency can cause migraines
Vitamin deficiencies can potentially cause migraines
A high percentage of children, adolescents and young adults with migraines apparently suffer from a slight vitamin D deficiency, a slight vitamin B2 deficiency (riboflavin) and a slight deficiency in coenzyme Q10 - a vitamin-like substance that is essential for energy metabolism, among other things is important in the cell. American researchers suspect this.
© Alexander Raths - Fotolia.com
Dr. Suzanne Hagler and colleagues from the Children's Hospital in Cincinnati had evaluated a database containing the medical records of patients with migraines. The participants' blood was routinely tested on first admission. The vitamin D status of the patients was also checked and whether there was a riboflavin, folic acid deficiency and / or a deficiency in coenzyme Q10.
Few subjects received vitamin supplements alone in the course of their treatment if there was a deficiency, and some were given vitamins and headache medication so that the effectiveness of the vitamins alone in preventing headaches could not be assessed.
However, the medical records showed that girls and young women with migraines were more likely than boys and young men to be coenzyme Q10 deficient in the laboratory test at the start of the study. Boys and young men with migraines were more likely to be vitamin D deficient. It was unclear whether folic acid deficiency played a role. Another result: patients with chronic migraines were more likely to have a coenzyme Q10 and riboflavin deficiency than those with episodic migraines.
Previous studies have already shown that certain vitamins and a deficiency in them are important in the development of migraines. It has not yet been clearly established whether the preventive intake of vitamins can prevent headaches.
Source: medicalXpress, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Why is mycoplasma the smallest living cell
- What was the level of informal communication
- Coal burns longer than wood
- Is PARAM a supercomputer
- What is the maximum throughput
- What is transnational feminism
- Which books should a 19 read?
- How does panhypopituitarism affect the body
- How do you relate chemistry to geophysics
- What is the hearsay rule
- Has anyone tried the AliDropship plugin
- What is your favorite macaroni salad recipe
- Rising healthcare costs are inevitable
- Which food tastes better when cooked in the microwave?
- What is the abdominal structure
- Can you buy empty beer kegs Where
- Can a neurologist treat a mental illness
- Troodon is smarter than dolphins
- How to Maintain Your Blogging Schedule
- What is an intramolecular bond
- What is the best backlit wireless keyboard?
- Can vinegar help grow hair
- Social media clients using machine learning
- May cause photosensitivity to bipolar disorder