What are some literary magazines in Tamil
■ Tamil authors meet in Berlin / First Europe-wide literary meeting of Tamil refugees
“Without a doubt: The existence of the emigrated German writers and their publishers is an ongoing struggle. It will cost many more victims. But they can deepen the awareness of this barbaric state and keep it awake ”- Lines from the literary magazine 'Das Wort‘ 1937.
The font was one of many published by German writers in exile in the 1930s: Bert Brecht (in Denmark), Lion Feuchtwanger (in France), Willi Bredel (in the USSR).
More than 50,000 German writers, scientists, journalists, musicians and artists fled at the time while their works were publicly burned in Germany. Many remained excluded, strangers, even after they returned. The experiences of German writers in exile seem to have been forgotten.
The conditions under which Tamil authors live in German exile today hardly differ from those of German exiles at the time: material hardship, barracks, insecure residence status, language difficulties, isolation, lack of opportunities to publish their work - ultimately disinterest and incomprehension in the host country.
When Tamil writers (for the first time from all over Europe) meet in Berlin this weekend to discuss the possibilities in exile, some authors will not be there. The Ministry of the Interior in Rhineland-Palatinate forbade a well-known Tamil literary critic and university professor who was invited as a speaker from leaving his place of residence. It was the same for all Tamil writers from Baden-Württemberg. The states refer to a program of the federal government, which provides for a "voluntary return" of the Tamils to Sri Lanka. Cynical - in view of the fact that no one can "voluntarily" return to a land of terror from which they have fled with great difficulty. In order to persuade the Tamils, whose asylum applications were practically always refused, to "voluntarily return", one had to restrict their freedom of movement in the FRG, explained an official of the immigration police. Legal handling is the Asylum Procedure Act.
Many authors will therefore be absent from the sixth Tamil literary meeting. Nevertheless, the organizers are expecting around 160 participants on the weekend, not only from Germany, but from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, England, France, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
As with the previous meetings in Herne, Neuss, Stuttgart and Frankfurt, the discussion about the difficulties in exile comes first. These are initially very practical: For years there were only a few Tamil typewriters in the FRG, so that texts, books and magazines had to be written by hand. This problem has now been overcome: the Tamils have developed computer programs for the more than 200 letters of their alphabet.
During the Berlin meeting, the writers will not only discuss human rights violations in Sri Lanka and women-specific problems in exile, but also problems with the translation of German literature into Tamil. Franz-Helmut Richte
- Why do epidemiologists study public health
- Who is the headless rider in Skyrim
- Is the osmotic pressure analogous to the capillary action
- What are some new games for kids
- Naruto Shippuden is slow by design
- What's 1 in a $ 5 investment
- Why do spinach plants turn yellow
- Veterans are underestimated
- Which images best define photojournalism?
- What is the biggest misunderstanding about Jews
- Was Ronald Reagan proud of his son
- Should we meditate before studying
- Which course is better for automobiles
- What is a gradient vector
- Kayne West is mentally ill
- What is a big explosion
- Some people have panic attacks every day
- Who made R B popular?
- Which tense should I use English
- Salt water is a homogeneous mixture
- Send this empty package to this address
- How deep do guava roots penetrate
- What are the best books on astrology
- When will the NFL come to Canada
- What sports are played in Costa Rica
- What is thermometric property
- What are motion control products
- How many Christians are there in Kannur
- What screams I'm lower class in Greece
- Where can I go in January
- Is it difficult to learn astrology
- Who coined the expression majority and when
- Do fieldwork for loan officers
- Can you define life in two sentences?