What causes teardrop infections
Medical name (dacrocystitis)
Tears, eyes sticking, facial pain, blinking of eyes
Dacrocystitis is an inflammation of the eye sack caused by the fact that tear fluid in the inner corner of the eye cannot drain properly and is subsequently colonized with bacteria. This colonization with bacteria caused by the drainage disruption leads to the inflammation.
Dacryocystitis can be chronic or acute. If the infection is acute, the area around the bags under the eyes is swollen, red, and painful. The area around the eye can become watery and red, and pus can also leak out. Dacryocystitis is caused by an infection of the lacrimal sac that blocks the tear duct system. This condition can occur later in life or it can also be inherited.
Occurrence and complaints
Those affected suffer from pain, swelling and redness of the inner corner of the eye up to the bridge of the nose. Sometimes pus drains into the eye from the bags under the eyes.
Consequences and treatment
Dacrocystitis is treated with an antibiotic and moist, disinfecting compresses. If the tear sac is swollen too much so that there is a risk of abscess formation, it is opened with a small incision and a flap is inserted for a few days. Since the tear duct is always sticky and closed after dacrocystitis, an operation should follow after healing to reopen the tear duct, otherwise there is a risk of repeated inflammation.
Who can i go to
DermatologyOphthalmologyPediatricsBack to the glossary
- How are whistleblowers protected in the USA
- What shows complete dominance genetics
- How will the GDPR affect robotics automation
- How can I keep my hands from sweating
- Enjoy monarch butterfly company
- What is Jimmy Page's best solo
- What is the frequency of waves 1
- What is 3 4 of 20
- Should I delete all system restore points
- How popular are sports betting
- How did the protests develop in Chile?
- How can a person get less salty
- What is the fourth flotation method
- Who is great yoga or yogi
- Moderate deafness can be cured with surgery
- What stones are formed from sediments
- What is Integrated Routing and Bridging
- What are the musical cats about?
- What is the basic ammeter circuit
- What diseases are associated with sprains
- What are some of the cutest fandoms
- What are some blowing electronic music
- Why are north facing houses considered good
- How do truck drivers drive long distances