What does AcroCEF exe
Fix: High usage by RdrCEF.exe
Some users left us with questions about the process RdrCEF.exe reached . From what we've gathered, the executable is often with pop-ups for abandoned work and Application error associated . Mostly diving Bugs made by the process RdrCEF.exe be triggered when the user Acrobat Reader opens.
Other users are reporting abnormal CPU usage RdrCEF.exe. Although the process RdrCEF.exe Most likely genuine, it could be helpful after a malware infection too searchwhen you see that the process is constantly consuming a large chunk of your system's resources.
What is the RdrCEF.exe file?
The legitimate one RdrCEF.exe is a standard component of Adobe Acrobat Reader . Essentially, the RdrCEF.exe- Process tasked with handling most of the cloud connectivity functions. For most users, however, the process is mostly about having an open channel with the AWS servers.
Remember that the process is not critical to the proper functioning of Windows and its removal will not affect the user's operating system.
Possible security risk?
Some security suites, including Malwarebytes, have been known to support the executable file RdrCEF.exe sometimes under suspicion of being a trojan, too put . While most of these cases have proven false positives, it is important to make sure that you are actually working with a real executable.
The quickest way to ensure this is to find the location of the RdrCEF.exe to display. To do this, open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and look for that process RdrCEF.exe . Once you do, right click on it and choose Open file location. If the the displayed location differs from C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Adobe \ Acrobat Reader DC \ Reader \ AcroCEF \ RdrCEF.exe, the chances are high that you are dealing with a malware infection.
If you suspect a virus infection, we strongly recommend that you scan your system with a powerful malware remover. If you haven't installed a security scanner yet, you can check out our in-depth article ( here ) Read about Malwarebytes to remove viruses from your system.
Fixation errors associated with RdrCEF.exe
Once you've established the RdrCEF.exe file is genuine, you can make the mistake remedycaused by the Adobe Reader executable.
In case you have the RdrCEF.exe does notmore inorder or Adobe Readerapplication error (RdrCEF.exe) errors, you can fix it using the two methods below. The following fixes may also prove effective if you are experiencing abnormal CPU and RAM usage RdrCEF.exe determine if the problem arises from a faulty process.
Method 1: Rename RdrLServicesUpdater.exe and RdlServicesUpdater.exe
Some users could all with RdrCEF.exe linked Popup / Error messages remove, by making two executables Files rename the Acrobat Reader.
As it turns out, rename it RdrCEF.exe and RdlServicesUpdater.exe will force the client to create new and healthy executables that do not produce the same error. Here is a quick guide on how to do this:PRO TIP:If the problem occurs with your computer or laptop / notebook, you should try using Reimage Plus software which can search the repositories and replace damaged and missing files.This works in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption.You can download Reimage Plus by clicking here
- Make sure the Acrobat Reader is completely closed. Also, check your system tray for each open process.
- Navigate to the location of Acrobat Reader . By default, the folder is in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Adobe \ Acrobat Reader DC \ Reader \ Acro CEF.
- There you should be able to find two executables: RdrCEF.exe and RdlServicesUpdater.exe. Right click on each of them and choose Rename . Rename both executables to include _old to end, and Press the Enter keyto save your changes.
- start Adobe Reader New to force the two files to be rebuilt. If all goes well, you should run out of the mistakes of the RdrCEF.exe may be affected.
Method 2: update to the latest version of Acrobat Reader
The problem that Acrobat Reader crashed with RdrCEF.exe was fixed. The mistake was fixed by Adobe in later versions, starting with the July 12, 2016 update.
If you can open Acrobat Reader, go to Help and click on Looking for updatesto ask the client to update itself to the latest version.
If the error occurs before opening the client (you cannot access the Help menu) then you will need to take a different route. Start by uninstalling the latest version of Adobe Reader from your computer. To do this, open a run window ( Windows Key + R ), give appwiz.cpl and Press the Enter key, around Programs and functions to open.
Scroll down in Programs and functions through the application list and uninstall your current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, by right clicking on it and Uninstall choose .
After the suite has been uninstalled, visit the official Acrobat Reader Download Center ( here ) and download the latest version. If you want to avoid the security bloatware, uncheck the two boxes below Optional offers, before you hit the button Install now click.
Once the download is complete, open the installation package and follow the on-screen instructions to install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system.
PRO TIP:If the problem occurs with your computer or laptop / notebook, you should try using Reimage Plus software which can search the repositories and replace damaged and missing files.This works in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption.You can download Reimage Plus by clicking here
- Which film dialogue is considered unforgettable
- Computers are getting faster and faster
- What do you know about Sikhs
- Who is from Dhule Maharashtra on Quora
- What is an information system
- Why are the shadows longer in winter
- What is vegetable leather made of
- Why are people against AIADMK lately
- Can we get wet from the water?
- What does a drunk psychopath look like
- What are the strangest tumors
- Which professional philosopher speaks about philosophers
- How is the blood in the lungs enriched with oxygen
- What is the value of 1105
- Why were early space flights unmanned
- Fireworks hurt the dog's ears
- Can we say that music is soul
- What are long-term bonds
- Why is 1 log 1 not 1
- Why doesn't Task Manager close?
- How is Spotify doing in India
- What is the Colorado accent
- What is a french fries rearrangement
- Forgotten memories of trauma can reappear