What is pakoda
Fast food in Indian: Pakora
Wohooo, just made it!
I've had a bag of chickpea flour in the cows for weeks because I've wanted to make pakora for a long time.
On the one hand, because I really like these small fried vegetable bites, on the other hand, and especially because they Culinary trip around the world stops in India in October.
It's just stupid that a thousand things came up with me and I always thought, but now, now then, now soon ...
Uff, today is the last day and Volker von volkermampft, who thankfully organizes this funny long-term event, has already asked if there is still something to come. Jooo, come: quick pakora with cauliflower, zucchini, onions and peppers. Fast food, in the truest sense of the word!
Pakora, Pakoda or Bhajia or Bhaji are nothing more than small snacks fried in deliciously seasoned chickpea batter, which are often sold at street stalls in India and Pakistan. Here in Central Europe you can often get it as a starter in Indian restaurants. Vegetables are usually fried, but there are also variants with meat, fish, paneer and even bread as the inner workings. A good chutney is ideal for this. However, I am currently on Sriracha Mayo, as you can see in the photo, and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is also currently on my hit list.
For a good portion of vegetable pakora for two to three crispyers you need:
1 small cauliflower
1 small zucchini
2 small onions
1 red pointed parika
250g chickpea flour
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic granulated
Ground 1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
300ml cold water
1 liter of oil for deep-frying
The production is very easy:
- Heat the oil in a high-walled saucepan (yes, actually, the kitchen gadget man works with no frills these days!)
- Mix the flour with the spices and salt well
- Add water while stirring and beat the dough with a whisk until it is free of lumps
- Wash and trim vegetables, since they are not pre-cooked, the pieces should be cut as thinly or as small as possible so that they cook when they are deep-fried
- the oil is ready when a small test drop of dough rises to the top
- Pull the vegetables through the dough and carefully pour them into the hot oil in portions
- Fry for about 7 minutes, then fish with a slotted spoon
- Degrease on a kitchen towel, add salt and serve as hot as possible
So now add two dips of my choice and I'll be happy and full!
Hello, good to see you! I'm Simone and I swing the wooden spoon here.
Have a look around and have fun!
Do you want to know more? Click!
If you are looking for something:
Here you can find cinnamon rolls:
Of course, you can also subscribe to zimtkringel via RSS feed.
One click is enough!
ES REGIO NEWS
News from the region - for the region
News from the Esslingen region
Click here for the Facebook page of our shared recipe collection:
- Are Syrian Kurds a threat to Turkey?
- Is Aruba a good country
- In which states do alligators live
- What drugs are anticholinergic antidepressants
- Chiropractors will take x-rays
- Why do teachers teach history
- How will Coimbatore be after 15 years
- What uses DNA fingerprint
- What does euangelion mean
- Who is married to Doraemon
- How good is this blog
- What is Off-Page Search Engine Optimization
- What is an open distress signal
- What causes belly fat in young adults
- Who is Liam Hemsworth married to
- Why did you update your iPhone
- Alan Watts believed in God
- Farms are subject to animal abuse laws
- What should i do 652
- How are leap years determined
- A certificate is required for IGNOU approval
- How does alcohol react with sodium metal
- What are some examples of management impact
- How do I cut a YouTube banner