What is SOH CAH TOA
Most SAT trigonometry questions are based on trigonometric ratios, the relationships between the angles and sides of a right triangle in relation to one of its acute angles (less than 90 degrees).
You can answer almost any SAT trig question by using the mnemonic device for the three basic trigonometric ratios: SOH CAH TOA.
SOH CAH TOA stands for
Try a few examples.
- For the right triangle is
the sine of the angle A?
- For the right triangle,
if tan B =
finds cos A.
Answers and explanations
- D. Using the SOH in SOH CAH TOA you know the sine of angle A comes from the opposite (1) through the hypotenuse (2), for an answer of 1/2.
- D. If tan B =
and tangent is opposite (the TOA of SOH CAH TOA), then draw the triangle like this:
If you see this as one of the Pythagorean triples, you automatically throw the 5 on the hypotenuse:
Cosine is CAH, which is adjacent via hypotenuse. Therefore cos A =
- Serves McDonald's beef in India
- Where should I live in Seattle
- Why do dogs make noises
- Will Russia win in Syria
- Pizza Hut never fails to deliver
- Suffer God's blessings
- Is a sales engineer better than a production engineer
- Where can I buy ghee
- How can I rename the PUBG ID
- What is your NN account
- What is the name of an area for skating
- Lactose-free milk is always replaceable
- What is the most emotional Hindi song
- What is the definition of the thing
- What's the recipe for being rich
- What is the correct abbreviation for millions
- Why do you have Spotify Premium
- What is a call center business
- Religion can only be a delusion
- What is nanoengineering
- How is wearable art
- Who are Black Panther's enemies
- Why is a rail vehicle used
- What does Nassim Taleb think of China?