Vitamin E helps reduce hair loss
Biotin is indeed involved in good hair and scalp health, but since many other vital substances are decisive, if other deficiencies are present, a dietary supplement with biotin alone will not help very much, so that one should always think of all the necessary vital substances.
When looking to buy a biotin supplement, pay attention to the dosage. Often only very small amounts of biotin are contained, so that we give you the following high-dose preparations:
- Biotin is contained in high doses (5 mg) in the hair vitamin capsules from Cosphera recommended above.
- A biotin preparation that is twice as high is Biotin Forte from effective nature with 10 mg biotin per daily dose.
Silicon (silica) is very important
Unfortunately, silicon is a trace element that has received far too little attention. In the body, it is mainly found in the bones, but also in the hair, nails, tendons and ligaments. In smaller quantities in the soft tissue.
If there is a tendency to hair loss, a deficient silicon supply could cause the hair to fall out more intensely. Silicon is particularly found in oats or brown millet and also in nettles, but only in small quantities in other foods, so that today's common diet provides little silicon.
Several studies have already indicated that silicon has a positive effect on hair health. In 2007, for example, German scientists at the University Clinic in Hamburg-Eppendorf published research results that the daily intake of silicon had significantly increased hair volume (15).
Study participants were healthy women who complained of particularly thin hair. Since silicon is said to have a strengthening effect on the hair structure, the test subjects should take 15 ml (1 large tablespoon) of silicon gel daily for 6 months.
After this time it was found that not only the hair volume had increased, but that the health of the hair had also benefited from the silicon intake, which was reflected in the new shine and vitality of the hair.
Three years later, researchers from the Karlsruhe City Hospital reported similar results (16). Here, too, it was proven that silicon (when taken three times a day at 350 mg each for 6 months) with previously reduced hair quality (brittle and fragile hair) led to clearly healthier, more beautiful and also thicker hair.
In a review (1) from 2016, two further studies were presented in which a significant improvement in hair and nail quality was also found after taking silicon (10 mg daily for 9 months), which was not the case in the respective placebo groups was.
Silicon can therefore be included in the therapy in the case of existing hair loss. The trace element can be used not only internally, but also externally.
- Internally, the acid-free and therefore basic colloidal silicon gel from GeoSilica is ideal.
- Externally, silicon-containing hair growth concentrates are applied to the scalp (e.g. silicon Nu Grow hair tonic from effective nature), which mineralize the scalp, activate it and at the same time - if there is any irritation - soothe it.
This is how conventional medicine treats hair loss
In conventional medicine, too, attempts are made to find the cause of hair loss, but in some cases several experts have to be consulted: the dermatologist, the endocrinologist and possibly the gynecologist.
In the end, however, the remedy finasteride is usually used, especially in the case of genetically caused hair loss. It inhibits 5-alpha reductase, which would otherwise convert testosterone to DHT, so it lowers DHT levels.
The side effects include a decreased libido, erectile dysfunction up to impotence and depression, which do not even go away in every case after stopping the drug. Infertility, dry eyes and visual disturbances can also occur as side effects of taking finasteride.
In addition, finasteride must be taken permanently, if you stop using the product, the hair will fall out again within a few weeks.
When one moreover in 2015 inter alia. examined those clinical studies that led to the approval of finasteride, it was found that they were not entirely correct. It did not present important risks and side effects comprehensively enough, presumably to put the product in a better light.
Finasteride is not approved for women. Therefore, in the case of androgenetic hair loss, they are advised to use certain hormone preparations or to use minoxidil, a solution that is applied to the scalp and which should show results after 6 months at the latest. Men can also massage the latter into the scalp twice a day in the event of hair loss, but not if the scalp is reddened or otherwise irritated.
However, it is precisely these symptoms that are the possible side effects of Minoxidil. It can dry out the skin, causing itching, redness, and irritation, and also leading to rashes.
While women usually recommend a two percent minoxidil solution, men take a five percent solution. Women should not take the latter because they can lead to unwanted hair growth on other parts of the body (chest, legs, beard).
What are the side effects of natural hair loss remedies?
Perhaps one or the other thinks after reading this article: "Only" go to such lengths for my hair? Let's assume you suffer from hair loss and decide to consistently apply the presented holistic concept and the appropriate remedies for hair loss.
After two weeks you will not notice any difference and you will be impatient. Even after four weeks, you still see no progress on your head and start to doubt. However, if you weren't just focused on your hair loss, you would have long since realized that something has changed - a lot:
You may suddenly feel a lot fitter, you are no longer so tired, you get out of bed better in the morning, you can work more concentrated, your skin becomes smooth and clear, your gas is gone, the stiffness of your joints is decreasing, your gums are down no longer so inflamed, your headache has not returned for days and instead you feel clear, fresh and full of energy.
These are the side effects of holistic hair loss remedies. It may be that when you heard the word side effects you were thinking of something negative. However, side effects can also be positive, which is often the case in naturopathy.
How can it be that hair loss treatments can have such appealing side effects? A poor diet, poor intestinal health, an overworked liver, insufficient sleep and all the other factors can not only lead to hair loss, but are also the root cause of many other chronic ailments. The positive side effects of the holistic hair loss remedies mentioned above as examples are therefore not surprising.
So when using the naturopathic concept against hair loss, don't just pay attention to the changes on your head! Instead, use your hair loss for a new way of life and nutrition, in order to stay healthy all around or finally become one. When new hair growth sets in, this success is just the icing on the cake. Patience is very important in hair loss therapy and often also the price for long-term success.
The holistic concept: all hair loss remedies
A holistic concept is always adapted to the personal circumstances, the type of hair loss and the possible causes of hair loss.
- In the case of hereditary hair loss, you can first test the three remedies mentioned above (saw palmetto extract, pumpkin seed oil, sulforaphane).
- In the case of diffuse hair loss, the possible causes are clarified and a suitable concept is put together accordingly (see above under “3. Diffuse hair loss”).
- If an underactive thyroid is the cause of your hair loss, you will find the holistic concept for the natural treatment of the underactive thyroid here: Treating the underactive thyroid naturally
- In the case of circular hair loss, the holistic concept for autoimmune diseases is implemented (see above under “Which remedies are used for hair loss?”).
For the sake of simplicity, here again all the remedies against hair loss (especially against diffuse and circular hair loss) and the exact procedure from a holistic point of view:
- Change your diet to a healthy diet rich in vital substances and excess alkaline. During the change z. B. the 30-day excess alkaline detoxification cure, during which you will learn how to prepare healthy meals rich in vital substances and excess alkaline. Our cooking channel on YouTube, our recipe section or our cookbooks can provide further help with changing your diet.
- Take probiotics. You will find detailed instructions on how to properly take probiotics here.
- Optimize your supply of vital substances: Ideally, first let us clarify which deficiencies you have. You can find information on this in relation to vitamins here: How do you determine a vitamin deficiency? and regarding minerals here: How do you identify a mineral deficiency? If this is not possible, use the hair vitamins from Cosphera, which provide almost all vital substances relevant to hair.
- If there is an iron deficiency, you will find well-tolerated, purely herbal iron supplements here. Many of these natural iron supplements already contain vitamin C, which can promote iron absorption. In addition, vitamin C supplements or L-lysine capsules can be taken, which also improve iron utilization.
- If there is a zinc deficiency, chelated zinc can help very well to remedy the deficiency, as it is very easily bioavailable and well tolerated. A very good combination preparation that regulates the acid-base balance at the same time is the base citrate from effective nature. In addition to zinc, it also provides the basic minerals calcium, magnesium and potassium plus silicon, which is particularly important for hair health.
- Silicon can also be taken in single preparations, e.g. B. the colloidal silicon with high bioavailability from GeoSilica.
The hair loss is significantly reduced
When does hair loss stop - when does new hair grow? You will quickly find that the hair loss remedies described above significantly reduce your hair loss and in most cases can be stopped completely within a short time.
In order to activate the hair regrowth afterwards, however, the body needs a little more time. Since the regeneration process of the scalp depends on the overall constitution of the person affected and the regeneration of the entire body, you should generally plan a period of 3 to 6 months for hair regrowth.
This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- (1) Addor F et al., Use of silicon for skin and hair care: an approach of chemical forms available and efficacy, An Bras Dermatol, May - June 2016
- NC et al., Effects of the Usage of l-Cysteine (l-Cys) on Human Health, Molecules, March 2018
- DH, Nutritional factors and hair loss, Clin Exp Dermatol. 2002 Jul; 27 (5): 396-404
- DP et al., A Review of the Use of Biotin for Hair Loss, Skin Appendage Disord. 2017 Aug; 3 (3): 166-169. doi: 10.1159 / 000462981. Epub 2017 Apr 27
- T et al., Inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase by specific aliphatic unsaturated fatty acids, Biochem J, July 1992
- H. et al. Serum ferritin and vitamin D in female hair loss: do they play a role? Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2013; 26 (2): 101-7.
- (7) Min Seong Kil et al., Analysis of Serum Zinc and Copper Concentrations in Hair Loss, Ann Dermatol. 2013 Nov; 25 (4): 405-409
- MS et al., Analysis of serum zinc and copper concentrations in hair loss, Ann Dermatol. 2013 Nov; 25 (4): 405-9. doi: 10.5021 / ad.2013.25.4.405. Epub 2013 Nov 30,
- T et al., Oral zinc therapy for zinc deficiency-related telogen effluvium, Dermatol Ther. 2012 Mar-Apr; 25 (2): 210-3. doi: 10.1111 / j.1529-8019.2012.01443.x,
- Park et al., The Therapeutic Effect and the Changed Serum Zinc Level after Zinc Supplementation in Alopecia Areata Patients Who Had a Low Serum Zinc Level, Ann Dermatol. 2009 May; 21 (2): 142-146
- AE et al., Clinical response of alopecia, trichorrhexis nodosa, and dry, scaly skin to zinc supplementation, J Pediatr. 1992 Dec; 121 (6): 890-5
- L. Guo et al., Diet and hair loss: Effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use, Dermatol Pract Concept. 2017 Jan; 7 (1): 1-10
- EL, Katta R, Diet and hair loss: effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use, January 2017, Dermatol Pract Concept
- TA et al., Onset of alopecia areata after Epstein-Barr virus infectious mononucleosis, J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008 Jul; 59 (1): 137-9. doi: 10.1016 / j.jaad.2008.02.005. Epub 2008 March,
- I, Radtke MA, Cummerow R, Dibbern N, Reich C, Augustin M, "A Pilot Study on the Efficiency of Silicium Gel on the Thickness of Hair on Healthy Women with Thin Hair", Cosmetic Medicine 2007; 28 (6): 283-287)
- (16) Gehring W, "The Effect of Oral Applied Silica on Hair Quality", Akt Dermatol 2010; 36 (11): 414-417
- (17) Sasaki M et al., Sulforaphane promotes murine hair growth by accelerating the degradation of dihydrotestosterone., March 2016, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications
- (18) Young Hye Cho et al., Effect of Pumpkin Seed Oil on Hair Growth in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial, April 2014, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- (19) Rossi A et al., Comparitive effectiveness of finasteride vs Serenoa repens in male androgenetic alopecia: a two-year study, October 2012, International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology
- (20) Universitätsklinikum Heidelberg, In what dose should sulforaphane be taken? P et al., Is there a ‘gut – brain – skin axis’ ?, April 12, 2010, Experimental Dermatology,
- Erdman et al., Probiotic "glow of health": it's more than skin deep, Benef Microbes. 2014 Jun 1; 5 (2): 109-119
- T et al., Beneficial Bacteria Stimulate Youthful Thyroid Gland Activity, June 2014, Journal of Obesity & Weight Loss Therapy
- T et al., Probiotic Bacteria Induce a "Glow of Health", January 2013, Plos One
- K. Hall-Flavin, Can stress cause hair loss? Mayo Clinic, Stress Management, April 2019
- ML et al., Oral supplementation with probiotic L. reuteri NCIMB 30242 increases mean circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D: a post hoc analysis of a randomized controlled trial, J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Jul; 98 (7): 2944-51. doi: 10.1210 / jc.2012-4262. Epub 2013 Apr 22
- KJ, Paus R et al., What causes alopecia areata? Exp dermatol. 2013 Sep; 22 (9): 609-626.
- (28) Phillips TG, Slomiany P. et al., Hair Loss: Common Causes and Treatment, Am Fam Physician. 2017 Sep 15; 96 (6): 371-378.
- (29) Darwin E et al., Alopecia Areata: Review of Epidemiology, Clinical Features, Pathogenesis, and New Treatment Options, Int J Trichology. 2018 Mar-Apr; 10 (2): 51-60.
- (30) Goluch-Koniuszy ZS, Nutrition of women with hair loss problem during the period of menopause, Prz Menopauzalny. 2016 Mar; 15 (1): 56-61.
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What happens when a person drinks kerosene
- Makes a good exercise
- Why should I keep a diary
- How to Learn Spanish Speaking Portuguese
- Is bipolar disorder a learning disorder
- Is Tesla in the budget option
- What is the best qualitative research method
- Can Moses translate the Sanskrit language
- Kashmiri Muslims are a warlike race
- What is phytoplankton photosynthesis
- How to design a sequential circuit
- What's the coolest acronym in use right now
- How do you deal with snores
- How do I combine traveling with charity
- What is writer Madame Dudevant's real name
- What is tavern
- What is a feature selection algorithm
- How big is the unobservable universe
- Why are there slums near posh places
- Vikings wore fur cloaks
- How do you rate the network security
- Dumbledore trusted Lucius Malfoy
- How is polymer engineering at DTU
- Is it brave to commit suicide
- Which stores sell high quality clothing
- How important is waste awareness
- What is Chi on Foot
- Did Muslims really believe in luck?
- How to make mortar waterproof
- What are the best books on astrology
- How many ounces are in one stone?
- What's your rating of IFTTT recipes
- How flexible are you physically
- We always only touch electrons