Who is the best acupuncturist in Mumbai
Study: More than half of the slum dwellers in Mumbai had Corona
Mumbai - 57% of the residents of 3 slums in the Indian metropolis of Mumbai have antibodies against the lung disease COVID-19 in their blood, according to a new study. In areas outside the densely populated slums, only 16% had the corresponding antibodies.
In the corona antibody test in July, almost 7,000 samples were evaluated, said the authorities in Mumbai who were involved in the test. The values have been extrapolated accordingly.
These numbers are significantly higher than the official corona numbers, so many infected people have never been recorded. However, this also indicates that many of them were asymptomatic, the message said. Officially, there have been more than 110,000 cases in Mumbai so far.
Recently, a corona antibody test in the capital New Delhi also showed that roughly every fourth person there has antibodies in their blood, as India's Ministry of Health wrote in a message.
New corona infections in India, with a population of 1.3 billion, continue to rise rapidly. However, the increase in Mumbai and New Delhi has recently slowed according to official data. This could provide indications that there could be herd immunity, as some observers say.
According to data from Johns Hopkins University, India is currently in third place among the total of registered corona infections worldwide - with around 1.5 million cases. Before that are Brazil with around 2.5 million and the US with more than 4.3 million cases.
India has around 110 registered corona infections per 100,000 inhabitants, Brazil around 1,200 and the USA around 1,330 each per 100,000 inhabitants. However, the test strategy and number of tests differs in the countries. According to the Robert Koch Institute, Germany has so far 248 registered infections per 100,000 inhabitants. © dpa / aerzteblatt.de
- What are some places that have notaries
- How does sociology compare to other disciplines
- How important is genetic diversity for survival
- What is the name of a Buddhist church
- What is the correct abbreviation for millions
- What kind of clindamycin should I eat?
- How is climate change wrong
- Which word rhymes with grind
- What can the frontal lobe do
- What's in the IELTS Academic Reading Test
- What is the core of Rigveda
- Is the simulation hypothesis plausible?
- What's weirdly absurd
- How have the laws and rules developed?
- Can I swallow after a tooth extraction
- Is dandruff a fungal infection
- How insurance companies pay hospitals
- When did the countries start using passports?
- How can you love better
- Which backend does Flipkart use
- Realme XT has an AMOLED screen
- Gasoline rationing comes back
- Is financial regulation intrusive or protective?
- How does Amazon moderate customer ratings