Can root rot be cured
How and how to treat tomatoes from root rot
A mushroom on a tomato can ruin the entire future harvest. Seeds, seedlings and healthy bushes are equally susceptible to fungal diseases, which is manifested in various external symptoms. Rot on fruits and leaves should alert the gardener. Only timely treatment of root rot tomatoes with homemade and purchased products will save the harvest.
Tomato treatment against root rot
For root rot, get rid of tomato tough, and every day of procrastination leads to the rapid spread of fungal diseases. Eating infected fruit is dangerous. One cannot do without destroying infected stems and processing weak tomatoes.
Characteristics of the disease
A phenomenon such as root and root rot is familiar to any skilled gardener. Pathogenic fungi that get into a favorable environment quickly spread to healthy plants. Neighboring plants: cucumbers or cabbage can suffer from pathogenic microorganisms. Tomato root rot affects plants at every stage of development. Seedlings in the greenhouse are not immune to fungal diseases. Putrefaction occurs on a crop planted outdoors and protected in a greenhouse.
Risk of fungal rot:
- occurs in every season,
- infected tomatoes in a greenhouse and on an open plot,
- spreads quickly,
- is carried by the wind from a sick harvest to healthy plants,
- is carried by insects and inventory,
- penetrate the plant through cuts and breaks.
Tomato diseases can cause root rot to lose all of the seedlings. It is very difficult to get a good crop from infected bushes, and fungal spores remain in the soil and threaten new plants in the future.
If the diseased plants are not treated, then all nearby bushes will gradually wither. To avoid such a problem, gardeners should take special care to plant and fertilize tomatoes.
Signs of the process of decay
Taking care of the harvest, it is easy to see the symptoms of a fungal disease - first of all, rot affects the root of tomatoes, and the disease is manifested in other signs:
- Most of the stem becomes thinner,
- the stems begin to "lean" towards the ground,
- Seedlings die almost instantly,
- the leaves dry in the sun (after the leaves have fallen off, new leaves appear, which will soon dry too),
- the stalk is covered with dark spots,
The general tone of the plant deteriorates sharply, which is difficult to notice even for an inexperienced gardener. Emerging shoots do not have time to grow and die instantly. The appearance of new foliage is only a temporary improvement in the condition of the stem.
Once the tomato leg turns black, treating the diseased stem becomes complicated. During the period in which the 'symptoms' of a fungal disease appear, abundant watering of the plant ceases. It is worth protecting the diseased culture from the rapid spread of fungi
Wilting plants can still be saved
After revealing the root rot in tomatoes, the gardener carries out a series of sequential actions. Only the plants that have started to fade are treated, but bushes with black stems and legs cannot be saved. Tomatoes (seedlings or bushes) can be cured in a natural way, using folk recipes or means of combating rot, plant treatment includes thorough soil treatment, transplanting seedlings and further disease prevention.
The soil must be fertilized in a modern way: before planting it is disinfected, during the tomato growth it is fed with 1 or more fertilizers, after planting the diseased specimens, the soil is cleaned and dried again. So that the soil does not tolerate fungal spores, it should be prepared before planting and then fertilized - for planting other crops.
Root disease of tomatoes, but in common people, 'rot' is an infection that can damage tomatoes through cucumbers or other infected plants. The soil is the vector of disease, so the root suffers first. A basal infection is removed using homemade means. Composition of effective solutions:
- Potassium chloride (add 30 g of potassium powder to a 10 liter bucket of water),
- Calcium nitrate (approx. 5 drops per liter of purified water),
- Superphosphate (approx. 10 g), dissolved in one liter of warm water.
To prevent rot from spreading to other crops, the leaves and stems of neighboring crops must be carefully processed. For tomatoes, use whey with water (you can add useful components).
Use a homemade product to remove rot from the fruits and the root part of the stems. For tomatoes, homemade products are safe, the frequency of processing tomatoes (the root system is processed) should not be exceeded three times a week.
Methods of drug treatment
Root rot in tomato plants is treated with inexpensive means that were purchased in the store. If mushrooms are found in a greenhouse or garden, then tomato treatment is carried out in several stages: spoiled stems are cut off, and the interfaces are sprinkled with sulfur. Small damage to the tomato (on seedlings and bushes) must be treated with colloidal sulfur.
In a greenhouse or in the garden, the plant is treated with cuproxate (one part of the drug is diluted in two parts of water). Bordeaux liquid shows good results in the fight against infection in tomatoes, regardless of where they are planted (in the field or in the greenhouse). The purchased powder is diluted in 1 liter of water. Purchased products must be alternated with natural solutions to protect plants from fungus.
Prophylaxis is always easier than destroying diseased instincts. A prudent gardener will fertilize the soil in advance and strengthen the plant for a good harvest soon.
Prevention is carried out until autumn, and before harvesting, only natural or homemade fertilizers are used:
- Before planting in a greenhouse, it is best to choose varieties that are resistant to fungal diseases.
- The soil for planting is subjected to a thorough heat treatment, in addition, the soil is washed with a solution of potassium permanganate (several drops of the drug are diluted per liter of water) and dried.
- Seedlings are planted (in a greenhouse or in an open plot) a short distance from each other. Crowding should not be allowed.
- The soil is fertilized with wood ash.
- Mineral complexes are used to fertilize the soil twice a month.
- Fitosporin is used to treat bushes once a month.
- Sick shoots are immediately removed from the bushes.
An important requirement for proper prevention is systematic and consistent. If the farmer has a schedule of watering and fertilizing the soil, the chances of infection with fungus are very small.
Fungal diseases multiply faster in a damp environment, so the greenhouse is regularly cleaned of moisture (it remains on the walls or the foil). Natural supplements like whey protect the plant from external threats. For this purpose, 1 part of serum and 1 part of water are grown.
Tomatoes are unpretentious plants that require little maintenance. If a problem arises and the plant's root system begins to rot, the gardener should take radical measures: remove diseased stems, process all the bushes in the neighborhood, and strengthen the weakened stems before harvest.
- Why do people kill their friends
- A sole proprietorship pays quarterly taxes
- Gluten builds up in your system
- How to make grapefruit juice
- Is the Bhagavad Gita an extremist book
- What is English 1
- How was the Fadnavis government
- Would you prefer to use LocalBitcoins or Paxful
- Where can I download podcasts
- Is a doctor's credibility declining
- What is bleached wheat flour
- Ringo Starr was ever considered handsome
- Can I live long sleeping
- Menudo is still a band
- How long will nuclear waste remain radioactive?
- Can hyperthymia be confused with ADHD
- Is sparkling water bad for you
- Why do profitable companies raise venture capital
- Is infrared harmful or helpful
- What is Ethernet HDMI
- How far can an electric locomotive travel
- How are humans responsible for pollution
- There is skydiving near Pune
- Law How automatable are corporate lawyers