Why do cheap people succeed?
How high prices increase demand
Anyone who has tried capers and knows that they don't like them doesn't have to try them every time new people say: "My pasta, please without capers." Anyone who has made the experience that bus drivers sometimes open the doors again when if you come running to the bus stop at the last second, you can risk a sprint to the bus.
React without much thought. This goes as far as the social experiment by the American psychology professor Ellen Langer from 1978. It shows that we are more likely to achieve our goal if we not just make a request, but also justify it. In this experiment, people standing in line at a photocopier in the library were asked by an insider in line behind them, “Sorry, I have five pages. May I go ahead please? Because I'm in a great hurry. "
In 95 percent of the cases, the questioner was admitted. In contrast, the request “Sorry, I have five pages. May I please? ”Only in 60 percent of the cases to success. The only difference was the lack of justification. And now it comes. The request was: “Sorry, I have five pages. May I go ahead please? Because I have to copy ”, 93 percent of those waiting let themselves be softened. Although the justification did not contain any new information. Because it was clear: whoever queues at the copier wants to copy.
So it all came down to the word because. That the request was justified. How the reason was, however, was secondary. The key stimulus by the word as was sufficient. We are socialized in such a way that we would love to be provided with a reason to do a complete stranger a favor. But in the end, we often don't care what the reason is. The main thing is that we hear that one has been delivered. "Because".
- I love you love me
- Kaggle is a commercial success
- How many countries have Anti Satellite tested?
- How can you make your bedroom brighter?
- Is death blissful
- Can chess grandmasters draw chess supercomputers
- All powder coating stores offer masking
- What's wrong with us Indians
- Eating goats citronella
- What is Bitcoin or crypto currency
- What is your most productive daily routine
- What goes well with fried rice
- North Korea is underestimated
- How well did Carl Mannerheim speak Finnish?
- How is the work culture at Traveltriangle
- What makes great hypnotists great
- How powerful is Django
- Transmits DVI audio
- How are Alibaba's Amazon of China products
- Is Toy Story better than Star Wars
- How different are taxis in the world
- How do we survive a robot takeover
- Should private schools offer scholarships
- What was Edwin Hubble famous for