Is lotion really good for your skin?
Bodymilk: care for dry skin?
Many people tend to have dry skin in winter. The reasons for this are the cold outdoors and the dry heating air. Care products such as body milk and body lotion are designed to keep the skin moist and supple. Some manufacturers promise that their products will work for up to 48 hours. But not every product is suitable for every skin type.
Body lotion and body milk in comparison
Body care products for dry skin differ mainly in their consistency:
- A Body lotion is light skin care.
- A Body milk gives the skin more moisture.
- A Body butter or a Body oil provide a lot of moisture.
In winter, experts recommend a body lotion as basic care to prevent the skin from drying out in the first place. For symptoms such as rough skin, itching or dandruff, you should apply a richer body care product, depending on the severity of a body milk, body butter or body oil.
Bodymilk: How Often Apply?
In a sample of the market there were hardly any differences between cheap and expensive body milks. The effect of all products lasted for the duration of 24 or 48 hours promised by the manufacturer. Depending on the product, it is enough to put on the body milk once a day or every two days to prevent the skin from drying out.
Beware of fragrances
Fragrances in body lotion, body milk, body butter or body oil can be a problem for people with previously damaged skin, for example due to neurodermatitis. You are more prone to allergies that can be triggered by fragrances.
The scientific committee for consumer safety of the EU commission rated the fragrance butylphenylMethylpropional (also called Lilial) as "not safe". A genotoxic, i.e. reproductive harm, potential cannot be ruled out.
Mineral oil and parabens are considered safe
Some products contain mineral oils. They can be recognized in the list of ingredients by names such as Cera Microcristallina or Paraffinum Liquidum. Parabens are suspected of disrupting the hormonal balance in the body.
The manufacturers point out that the mineral oils used in cosmetics are safe and highly purified. Even experts like Prof. Steffen Emmert from the Rostock Dermatology Clinic do not see any health risks from mineral oils and parabens, because the amount of substances absorbed through the skin is low.
Dry skin: what helps in winter?
Cold and heating air can dry out the skin, itchy and reddened. With the right care, the skin stays supple and healthy even in winter. more
Care for dry lips in the cold
If lips dry out in the cold, painful inflammation can develop. Care pens, home remedies and peelings provide protection. What should you watch out for in lip care? more
This topic in the program:
Market | 02/11/2019 | 8:15 pm
- How can I get research funding?
- What are some reasons you might skip dinner
- Is it good to ripen before aging
- Which side goes best with crabs
- What causes anemia
- What are nerve clamps
- Can CO2 act as a reducing agent
- What is the MATLAB code for MFCC
- What is extracted from the ore cinnabar
- Exists test as real last name
- What is the unit of the energy gap
- What are the keys to winning Yahtzee
- Firebase has all analysis functions
- Why is the traffic so bad on Saturdays
- Japanese sounds like other languages
- Why are moths called moths
- Why did I stop watching porn
- What scares you about Kim Jong Un
- Can I wear Dupatta on my dress?
- What does ad hoc mean in law?
- Should I give him a fourth chance
- How do I end my SQL hack
- What is tavern
- What are the effects of shocking documentaries