How did the internet come true
Internet: It started 50 years ago ...
Internet? Most of us take it for granted today. The starting shot for this was given exactly 50 years ago. On October 29, 1969, the computer scientist Leonard Kleinrock wanted to send the first of all messages on the Internet in the USA. A network that at that time consisted of only four university computers. But before the scientist had even typed in the word “Login”, the computer crashed. Later in the evening it worked. The internet was born.
Tim Berners-Lee would like a different internet
From four to four billion users
Initially intended for the military, the Internet should be fail-safe. Then a computer network for universities, later authorities. In the 1990s, the Internet was opened to the general public: Vice President Al Gore pushed the matter forward in 1993. From then on there was no stopping: People poured into the network - as did companies. At the turn of the millennium, the Internet quickly became a big thing.
50 years after it was launched, 92 percent of all people in Germany alone use the Internet. Initially four people. Four billion today.
But did everything turn out as planned? Definitely not. For example, the Internet should be fail-safe because it is decentralized. Nobody could foresee that a few mega-corporations would develop and be formed - Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook - that will largely determine the fortunes of the Internet. Who hoard a large part of the offers and data - and with social networks not only dominate the Internet, but have also turned the media landscape upside down.
The Trojan Coffee Room: First permanent observation on the web
It turned out differently than expected
Without the World Wide Web (WWW), the Internet would undoubtedly not have had this success story. It was invented 30 years ago by the Briton Sir Tim Berners-Lee. This has made it possible to network computers all over the world regardless of the operating system.
But the inventor of the web is not happy with how the web has developed. He complains that it is dominated by a few corporations - and by commerce. He even has concrete ideas and concepts of how users could recapture the web.
It was all thought differently: The inventors of the Internet wanted to make the knowledge of the world quickly available to everyone. There is - with Wikipedia. But apart from that, the network has become a damn noisy place above all. A marketplace for goods, thoughts, ideas - where everyone stands and everyone screams out loud to even be noticed. No matter whether in texts, pictures or videos.
The big corporations like Google, Facebook and Amazon benefit from it. But we all have to experience how the networks are flooded with madness, irrelevance, hatred, agitation, stupidity, and countless unabashed attempts at manipulation. And how the world becomes a place of complete surveillance.
None of this was wanted - but gradually came.
That shouldn't sound resigned. The internet offers incredible opportunities and makes many fantastic things come true. The inventors certainly never dreamed of that either.
- Are data protection guidelines legally binding
- What is Independent Research
- What does an Ababeel bird eat
- BCA is a tough course
- How is winter in Yerevan Armenia
- Which software can monitor the working hours of the employees
- What are some Indian Cooking Hacks
- How can I make a dress androgynous
- Requires Mario Kart Tour WiFi
- What does EDF mean for RC aircraft
- What is the best c c ++ tutorial
- What is the Finnish curriculum for 1st grade
- How can a black hole emit sound?
- What is an MBA in Operations Management
- What is diagnosis code 592 5
- What is Indian Classical Music
- What is a good recipe for mojito
- Chewing Ambien makes it work faster
- Why do small children never get tired
- I'm done at 17
- What is Jamaican callaloo
- Can I learn AI without coding
- Are you a non-republican Christian?
- The Eiffel Tower slopes
- Who is Sri Ramana Maharishi
- Is EntroPay accepted at forex brokers
- What are the practical uses of infinity
- What does OG mean in SEO
- What is the fourth flotation method
- Someone has late dyskinesia
- All DLP is good for AIIMS
- Understanding Psychopaths Art
- Muslim women can dye their hair