Wearing glasses affects your visual acuity
Worse eyes through glasses?
Wearing glasses makes your eyes worse ... you often hear that from relatives, acquaintances and friends. According to this statement, wearing glasses makes the eyes lazy and thereby deteriorates eyesight (without glasses). So do the eyes really get worse when you wear glasses because they no longer have to exert themselves?
This is really a very persistent visual fairy tale. The clear answer here is: No, glasses have no influence on a person's ametropia (vision). It does not make the eyes worse or better. It also doesn't matter what type of ametropia (farsightedness or nearsightedness) is present. The eyes do not rest with the visual aid and as a result they do not deteriorate faster than without glasses.
It is normal for certain vision problems that the strength of the glasses changes over time. This effect is neither triggered nor influenced by the glasses. The nearsightedness arises z. B. mostly during school days, during the growth phase. Presbyopia occurs from around 45 years of age because the lens of the eye loses its youthful elasticity. Neither - the growth of the eyes and the stiffening of the lens - are affected by glasses.
If you wear glasses and walk around without glasses, you see worse - but you get used to it a little, because the brain learns to deal with the blurring. Of course, poor visual acuity is usually no longer sufficient for driving a car - but it is enough for a lot of housework. It doesn't matter if you leave the glasses off and are satisfied with poor vision for this time. It doesn't harm the eye. But it is of no use either, because omitting the glasses does not make the eye worse or better.
In the age of fitness, the idea is that you can train not only your body, but your eyes as well. But that's not true. Eye training can improve muscle strength or mobility. But through muscle training you can z. For example, do not reduce myopia, because it is not caused by weak eye muscles but by the fact that the eye grew too long during school time. Just as you cannot reduce your shoe size through exercise, exercise cannot reduce the size of your eyes either.
However, there is the possibility to make tired eyes a little fitter again through eye exercises and to reduce visual disturbances caused by tiredness. Because, especially when working long hours on the computer screen, the view can become blurred and blurred.
Important exception: Small children have to learn to see in the first few years of life. In children who z. B. are nearsighted or farsighted, glasses have the effect that the visual performance of the eye is fully developed. For this reason, children with ametropia must be presented to the ophthalmologist as early as possible and wear glasses regularly.
Discover more visual fairy tales and get to the bottom of visual myths. Or send us your own question now, simply by email or Facebook Messenger.
Find an optician near you now. Just enter your zip code or city and off you go!
- Is leptomeningeal disease curable
- Wives who share fantasies spoil their marriage
- Like girls men with receding hairlines
- What is the Vivo U10
- Why do we need random variables
- Could people live during the Ordovician period?
- How does capsaicin bind to TRPV1
- What is the best job posting website
- What happened to the cabbage soup diet
- What is your rating of Rajeev Khandelwal
- Who is the most fearful avenger
- Travel light in the future
- What do you think about 6ix9ine
- How do narcissists seek their facilitators
- What's under the ice of Antarctica
- How does pain contribute to human growth
- How is quality assurance implemented in mobile apps
- What have you learned from gambling?
- What is method overload in C.
- There are billions in Venezuela
- Why do we sell ourselves immorally
- The hard drive capacity affects the operating speed
- How does JuvaLux work
- What if your membrane cracks
- Why did the Israelis celebrate Haifa Day
- What is the Easiest Movie Maker Software
- What does an incubator do for bacteria
- What is the Colorado accent
- What do you think of Mahindra Mojo
- What does punk 1
- How to color oil paintings
- Black fishing is the same as black face
- Why is technology trending
- What is Testbook's revenue model