What is almonds
Tonsillitis - location and function of the tonsils
The two tonsils (tonsilla platina) lie between the anterior and posterior palatal arch on the right and left in the throat in the so-called almond bay. Some of them are visible when the mouth is wide open. Together with the pharynx as well as the tubal and tongue tonsils, they form the Waldeyer's or lymphatic pharyngeal ring. It consists of lymphatic tissue and, strictly speaking, is not a closed ring, but a ring-shaped collection of individual tissue islands, the tonsils.
The palatine tonsils, along with the other tonsils in the pharynx, are an important part of our immune system. They are the first defense barrier against germs that try to penetrate the upper respiratory tract.
The tonsils consist of 1 to 2 cm thick lymphoid tissue. Their surface is criss-crossed by crack-shaped depressions (crypts), which give them a jagged appearance. Small amounts of food particles and bacteria collect in these crevices, which the white blood cells (lymphocytes) in the tonsils deal with. The crevices are emptied regularly so that new bacteria can settle and the immune system of the almonds can learn.
This excretion of the tonsils appears as a whitish coating and is often wrongly interpreted by laypeople as tonsillitis. Without other symptoms such as redness, sore throat and fever, there is no inflammation.
- What is the Japanese word of subjects
- Would you hire a violent criminal?
- Where can I get commercial blueprints from
- What does an ML code look like
- Raavan actually had ten heads
- What do the British call backpacks?
- What is Testbook's revenue model
- What is a finite automaton machine
- Hinduism is a crude version of Buddhism
- How many days can we store Rasgulla?
- How do I stay happily married
- How are offline crypto wallets made
- Why are you hanging out with poisonous people
- Why does zinc phosphate liquid contain water
- Why doesn't NASA send children into space?
- Any advice to start day swing trading
- Uber is a good stock too short
- How does Lysol kill bacteria?
- What is Petrology studying
- Why shut down Chinese nationalisms
- How does a computer understand probability
- When did Hacker News get so political?
- Which city is better Glasgow versus Edinburgh
- What is positive scotoma and negative scotoma