How to make cranberry relish
This tart cranberry sauce with a light spicy note goes perfectly with turkey and cold roasts. But also with quark or yoghurt.
Cranberry Sauce is not a spicy sauce in the strict sense of the word, but more like a fruit compote - just like the cranberries in German cuisine that go with baked Camembert 😉 The tart, sweet and sour sauce is one of the typical accompaniments to turkey, along with maple butter Carrots, mashed potatoes and cream sauce. Because you only ever eat a few teaspoons of it, I usually have some of the sauce left over - which I'm really happy about! Because cranberry sauce can also be wonderfully "swirled" into cheesecake (see recipe Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake) or in a great layered dessert (cranbery trifle). It also tastes very good over yogurt, quark, waffles and pancakes.
- 350 ml apple wine (cider)
- 100 g fine sugar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 pieces of orange peel (finger length, untreated)
- 2 cloves
- 200 g cranberries (fresh or frozen, not dried)
Put on apple cider with sugar and spices and simmer for five minutes on a gentle heat. Then remove the spices and add the cranberries. Continue cooking until all the berries burst and then disintegrate, about 10 minutes. Fill into small, sterilized jars while still hot.
The sauce will keep for a good four weeks in the refrigerator.
Side dishCranberriesAutumnTurkey Sauce
Never miss a recipe again:
- Is Kabaddi our national game
- How do I become a calm patient
- Who is Abdul Qadir
- Where I can learn programming logic
- Why was Phil Collins so unpopular all of a sudden
- What is the date that Buddha died
- I think about my future
- Why does India seem soulless
- What is Gottlob Frege's philosophy of language
- What is organic internet of things
- What are some telecommunication services
- What are some important rules when singing
- Are plants conscious
- Removes a magnet from an iPad
- What is the function of the rock cycle
- How can I get creative business ideas
- How do businesses get local vanity numbers
- Are police dogs ever afraid of anything?
- Can CO2 act as a reducing agent
- Final Fantasy is a Japanese game
- Is the engineering suitable for an INFJ
- Islam completely forbids lying without exceptions
- What are the names of the daughters of Aamir Khans
- Will educational knowledge ever be wasted