Societies can have personality disorders
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
Personality disorders can be viewed as an extreme expression of a personality style with inflexible, rigid and inexpedient personality traits, which impair the quality of life of the person concerned, lead to (subjective) suffering or to frequent conflicts with his environment. Deviating, non-conforming ways of experiencing, experience and behavioral patterns restrict the person concerned in his satisfaction and in the achievement of his personal goals or lead to frequent problems with other people or with society. In this context, “inappropriate” means that the behavior or feelings deviate markedly from the expectations of society, the socio-cultural environment, and results in problems in the interpersonal area.
A personality disorder is when these problematic personality traits are stable and persistent and can be traced back to adolescence or early adulthood. It is not a result of another mental disorder, the effect of a substance (e.g. drugs, medication, poisons) or another disease, e.g. a head injury, but arises independently of it.
Around 8% in Germany suffer from a personality disorder. In psychiatric patients, the frequency is significantly higher at 40 to 60%. The different subtypes of personality disorders, which are described in more detail below, occur with very different frequencies. Personality disorders occur equally in women and men. Only the antisocial personality disorder shows an accumulation among men, otherwise the distribution between the sexes is balanced in relation to the general population.
- What are some good GIMP tutorials
- What is the BigQuery BI Engine
- Is Talkit Messenger better than WhatsApp
- How do you approach writing a villain?
- Why does secondary clay have color
- Perceptual learning changes perception
- Champagne gets better with age
- You can over-vaccinate your pet
- What is the common emitter transistor
- Overall, how safe is Miami
- How do cashiers perceive self-checkout machines
- What is the prevailing utilitarianism looking at?
- What are the dangers of allergen immunotherapy
- What is dense liquid or gas
- How is life in Scotland
- Ice melts a chemical reaction
- Religious arguments are useless
- How is PCC Apostille from MEA
- Eat alligators meat
- How can I draw impossible shapes
- Why does McDonalds taste bad
- What is WebSphere
- What triggers a nightmare
- Is there a car rental software