Remus was in love with Tonks
Is there any evidence in the books that Lupine was in love with Tonks?
There is a rather pointed clue in Half-Blood Prince when Lupine visits the Weasleys for Christmas.
Meanwhile, Remus Lupine, thinner and more ragged than ever, sat next to the fire and stared into its depths as if he couldn't hear Celestina's voice.
Oh come and stir my kettle
And if you do it right
I'll boil a hot, strong love for you
To keep you warm tonight
Men who stare deep into a fire while a love song is playing generally mean only one thing.
More specifically, when he's trying to keep Tonks out of a relationship, his excuses are many.
"And I've told you a million times," said Lupine, refusing to meet her eyes and staring at the floor, "that I'm too old for you, too poor ... too dangerous ..."
"I'm not being ridiculous," Lupine said steadily. "Tonks deserves someone young and whole."
If he didn't want to date Tonks because he didn't like her, would that be high on the list? But his answer seems natural that if he were young, whole, safe, etc., they would be together. I don't see any other way of taking this than an admission that he has feelings for Tonks. And when he lacked feelings for Tonks, Lupine doesn't seem like the type to torture her for months by taking her on.
More specifically, people generally don't become a couple and then get married within a month. I think it's clear that they were deeply in love.
- Boys go swimming in Canada
- Why Indian Christians Are Poor
- What is the best cardiology textbook
- What can I take from this job
- Who has influenced your creativity the most?
- Free tutoring is an extracurricular activity
- Is the real axis open or closed
- What happens when you hang someone up
- What does the Bible teach about temptation
- What is the best home defense weapon
- What is the cheapest telescope in 2019
- Canada needs nuclear submarines
- What is one-tier MLM software
- What is your worst experience in your workplace
- What is healthy burger or taco
- Who owns a Facebook business page
- What does that mean for the implications
- Can I get into Caltech or MIT?
- What causes nephrosis
- Why do you upholstery in the foundry
- How is SRM Chennai for mechanical engineering
- Why is CH3COCH2COCH3 more acidic than CH3OCOCH2COCH3
- What is the airbag mechanism in cars
- How can you make fancy ice cream clear?