What causes inflamed air tubes
Inflammation of the trachea
What's this? - definition
Inflammation of the upper respiratory tract, windpipe, larynx (laryngitis), and bronchi (bronchitis) are the most common types of inflammation. They often appear together or one after the other in a viral infection related to the flu or cold.
How else is it called? - Other names
How does this happen? - Possible causes
Often times with colds there is a so-called change of floor. After the initial infection of the nasopharynx, the infection spreads further and first affects the larynx and mostly at the same time (laryngotracheitis) or then the windpipe.
Viruses most commonly cause trachitis. Sometimes the viral infection is followed by a bacterial attack. If the immune defense is impaired, fungi can also trigger inflammation. Inhaling irritant gases can also trigger tracheitis.
How is it noticeable? - symptoms
The symptoms of tracheitis are:
- to cough
- burning sensation under the sternum as well
- general flu symptoms such as fever, body aches and pains, and fatigue.
- Because of the smaller airways, shortness of breath and loud exhaling noises are possible symptoms in children.
What's next? - Course and complications
The disease usually heals on its own within a week if there is no additional bacterial infection.
Chronic tracheitis is when a dry cough has persisted for more than three months. Then the cause should be clarified by a doctor in any case.
What else can be behind it? - Clinical pictures with similar symptoms
Heartburn, the flowing back of gastric juice into the esophagus, can also lead to burning pain and throat irritation.
What does the grandmother advise? - Home remedies and behavioral tips
- In order to protect the respiratory tract, in the case of tracheitis you should never work in the airways irritating surroundings and above all you should not smoke.
- Inhalations of saline solutions and herbal vapors, e.g. chamomile, soothe the mucous membrane of the windpipe and prevent bacterial infection.
- If you have a persistent, irritable cough, your doctor may prescribe antitussive drugs.
- Warm drinks such as tea or hot milk with honey also have a relieving effect.
Processing status: 04/07/2011
Piper, internal medicine, Springer, (2006), ed. 1
The information only provides a brief description of the clinical picture, which does not claim to be complete. Under no circumstances should it be a basis for recognizing or treating a clinical picture yourself. If you experience the symptoms described above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
You might also be interested in
- What is the best backlit wireless keyboard?
- What is the best brewery in Minneapolis
- Associates carbon with metals
- Have rental car tracking devices
- Helps reading creativity
- Who is Abdul Qadir
- Area 51 is still guarded
- Is LIET Alwar good
- Why can't airplanes move backwards by themselves?
- How can the hackers hijack my PC?
- Why should you sell a call option?
- Can we say that music is soul
- Is the IOCL GATE 2019 cutoff declared
- Which flashlight should I never buy?
- Why do space missiles explode
- How can I run an online radio
- How many banks open in Egypt
- Who is the current ISRO President?
- Have some moderators at TED use teleprompters
- What kind of fast food does MSG have
- What are the top business websites
- Are subliminal occult
- What was Buddha's language
- What screams I'm new to Atlanta