Why do fruits fly like bananas
Goodbye fruit flies! The best tips
Buying and storing fruit
First tip, especially in warmer temperatures: Shop less. Then you consume the fruit and vegetables promptly and they don't get old. Some purchases such as tomatoes, bananas or citrus fruits should not be stored in the refrigerator. To protect them from fruit flies outside, you can wrap a fly screen around them or cover them with foil or a bowl. Wash fruit and vegetables thoroughly before eating them so that fly eggs and bacteria are rinsed off.
Eliminate waste immediately
The fruit flies also like to romp around in organic waste and lay their eggs there. A well-closed rubbish bin is therefore very important. In addition, you should regularly bring the garbage to the bin so that the insects are less attracted.
Set up a vinegar trap
Vinegar, washing-up liquid and water: the tried and tested home remedy for fruit flies is still relevant today. All three ingredients are put into a bowl that is placed next to the fruit basket. The detergent causes the water to lose its surface tension. The fruit flies are attracted by the vinegar smell and immediately drown in the water.
Tinker trap yourself
Ready-made traps can be bought in shops, hardware stores or drugstores. But you can also easily make them yourself. To do this, fill a glass with beer, wine or vinegar - a liquid that attracts the fruit flies - stretch cling film over it and poke a few small holes in it with a fork. The insects get into the glass, but then cannot find their way out and are trapped.
Tip for animal lovers
If you want to catch the flies but not kill them, take a plastic bag, put a banana peel or other suitable fruit bait in it and leave the bag open. When the fruit flies land on the bait, the bag is closed and carried outside, where the unloved insects are released back into the wild at a safe distance.
Now you have the fruit flies under control and for the happiness of the kitchen all you need is a new kitchen? Then click here in the Fischer kitchen world or get personal advice in one of the Fischer kitchen studios.
Due to the current Corona hygiene regulations, a visit to a Fischer kitchen studio is only possible by appointment. You can make an appointment here.
- Kashmiri Muslims are a warlike race
- Is Russia a bigger threat than terrorism?
- What are the hours for cabbage
- What are majestic orchestral music
- B355e is 2G or 3G
- What are your little joys of life
- How can I fix my phone's sensor
- Where can I improve my English
- Which ADC suits Soraka best
- Who is better BTS or Big Bang
- Why does Trump not take a salary
- What Makes California Public Schools Really Bad
- What is corrosive
- Why are there still universities?
- Why would anyone choose Princeton over Yale?
- What is a pending intent in Android
- Is basmati rice white rice
- What advertising strategies are totally affecting you
- Is PVC a good electrical insulator
- What is 1 4 + 1 5
- Which functions does Jira miss
- What is the smallest fruit
- What are the most widely read romantic novels
- Does anyone take more accordion lessons
- Why is Apple Obsessed with Privacy
- What are the origins of Sehrawat Jats
- How to change your SA password
- Which Olay cream is the best
- What are the best online parenting courses
- With Thanos, the MCU is over
- What causes puberty to begin
- Are you afraid to ride a motorcycle
- Who buys Bitcoin
- What is a line mark