What is New York's most famous bar
London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore are the world capitals when it comes to bars. At the annual selection for the best bar in the world, these cities were represented in the top 50 with several locations. When the title “The World's 50 Best Bars” is awarded, the focus is on culture: who celebrates bar life in particular, who offers particularly creative cocktails - and where is it most stylish?
While New York took first place last year, this year the title goes to Europe, more precisely to the British capital London. More than 500 drink experts - bartenders, cocktail mixers and co. - decided that. So if you like to have a good drink, you should definitely consider a trip to the English metropolis.
The best bar in the world: The Connaught Bar in London
According to "The World's 50 Best Bars", the best bar in the world in 2020 is in the British capital, London: The Connaught Bar in the hotel of the same name. The jury praised the sovereignty, perfect service, impeccable cocktails and the cubist interior.
The bar is also characterized by the fact that it does not chase the trend, but is constantly developing. According to the experts, anyone visiting London and the Connaught Bar should definitely try the martinis, as they are arguably the best in all of London. Another tip is the Magnetum drink, a mixture of scotch and sherry.
2nd place: Last year's winner from New York: The Dante Bar
Last year, Dante, founded in 1915 in the New York borough of Manhattan, was still at the top of the ranking - this year the bar swapped places with The Connaught and therefore has to be content with second place. Nevertheless: The bartenders and experts on the jury particularly praised the hospitality and the design of the bar.
The Dante is a special place all day long: during the day there are excellent espresso and other coffee specialties, while in the evening excellent cocktails. We particularly recommend the Negroni, a bitter-sweet drink that contains vermouth, gin and Campari - this cocktail is the flagship of Dante.
3rd place: The Clumsies in Athens
Greece can do more than ouzo and raki, as the Athenian bar The Clumsies proves. According to the professionals, quality on the plate and in the glass always comes first - and hospitality is not forgotten either. Guests should definitely try the cocktail Oh My Mama, Greek cider mixed with rum and spices.
The atmosphere in The Clumsies is also very special: the bar is located in a townhouse in downtown Athens and exudes “happy vibes”, as it is called - on all levels. If the guest room is rather turbulent, quieter areas can be found in the back or on the terrace. “It is the house in which one would like to live”, judged the jury.
Continue reading after the ad
Continue reading after the ad
4th place: The Atlas in Singapore
There are more than 1,300 gin labels in the Atlas in Singapore - once built on the model of Western Art Deco hotels. This makes the atlas the largest collection of spirits in the world. In contrast to many other bars, the Atlas is open all day: in the morning there is a reception for coffee, at noon for tea - and in the evening for martinis.
The bar, which incidentally is sponsored by the liquor brand Rémy Martin, is not only the fourth best in the entire world, but also number one in all of Asia.
5th place: Tayēr + Elementary in London
There are actually two bars that not only share fifth place, but also one building: Tayēr + Elementary in the British capital, London. The venue only opened in 2019, making it the highest newcomer in the top 50.
The bar is practically divided into two parts: At the front of the Elementary, it's rather relaxed, a relaxed room with floor-to-ceiling windows. Cocktails come from taps and are pre-mixed so guests don't have to wait long. A special recommendation of the jury: the Jasmine Mai Tai with orange curacao, Muyu Jasmine Verte, almonds and citrus fruits.
Finally, in the rear area, behind a concrete wall, the Tayēr waits for guests. It's a bit more serious here, the square bar is the center of the cocktail boutique. The experts are particularly enthusiastic about the mantra of the rooms: restrained luxury, concrete-chic decor and sustainable ingredients in the drinks.
The best bar in Germany: Buck and Breck in Berlin
At first glance, the Buck and Breck in Berlin-Mitte doesn't necessarily look like a bar. The glass front of the Bauhaus store is lined with boxes, with a flamingo figure in between, and the room is illuminated in pink in the evenings.
It's the design that makes the Buck and Breck in Berlin so charming. Inside there is a rectangular bar station, where few guests come into close contact with the bartender. In the rear area, however, there is more space in the cozy lounge. Lounging around and making phone calls is forbidden at Buck and Breck, so you should bring friends with you.
Continue reading after the ad
These are the 50 best bars: Around the world in cocktails
- Connaught Bar in London, United Kingdom
- Dante in New York, USA
- The Clumsies in Athens, Greece
- Atlas in Singapore
- Tayēr + Elementary in London, United Kingdom
- Kwānt in London, United Kingdom
- Florería Atlántico in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Coa in Hong Kong, China
- Jigger & Pony in Singapore
- The SG Club in Tokyo, Japan
- Maybe Sammy in Sydney, Australia
- Attaboy in New York, USA
- Nomad bar in New York, USA
- Manhattan in Singapore
- The Old Man in Hong Kong, China
- Katana kitten in New York, USA
- Licorería Limantour in Mexico City, Mexico
- Native in Singapore
- Paradiso in Barcelona, Spain
- American bar in London, United Kingdom
- Carnaval in Lima, Peru
- Salmon Gurúin Madrid, Spain
- Zuma in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Little Red Door in Paris, France
- 1930 in Milan, Italy
- Two jewelry in Barcelona, Spain
- El Copitas in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Cantina OK! in Sydney, Australia
- Lyaness in London, United Kingdom
- Himkok in Oslo, Norway
- Baba au rum in Athens, Greece
- Panda & Sons in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Swift in London, United Kingdom
- Three sheets in London, United Kingdom
- The Bamboo Bar in Bangkok, Thailand
- Tjoget in Stockholm, Sweden
- Buck and Breck in Berlin, Germany
- Employees Only in New York, USA
- Bulletin Place in Sydney, Australia
- Ben Benfiddich in Tokyo, Japan
- Artesian in London, United Kingdom
- Sober Company in Shanghai, China
- Indulge Experimental Bistro in Taipei, Taiwan
- Bar Trigona in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Drink Kong in Rome, Italy
- Room by Le Kiefin Taipei, Taiwan
- Alquímico in Cartagena, Colombia
- High five in Tokyo, Japan
- Charles H in Seoul, South Korea
- Presidente in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Bearded dragons like to be handled
- What's your favorite Motown dance song
- What essential equipment is needed for windsurfing?
- Are trust fund babies responsible with money
- Can understand Suga from BTS English
- Gapps for Redmi 3s prime
- How can unwanted stress be eliminated
- Where are you world
- Why are you so verbose
- What is the final form of energy
- What video games are unsuitable for children?
- What is the classification of virtue ethics
- What is a pseudocolumn in SQL
- Is Zac Efron nice
- Is VPN an intranet
- What is Android One 1
- You have to do the NPM installation
- What does Silicon Valley think of Bangalore?
- Is Fiji next to Australia
- How do farmers face problems?
- Application performance tools
- Samsung tablets come with headphones
- Are non-metallic conductors
- Why does Pennywise Beep Beep Richie say
- Is AsF3 polar or non-polar
- What is a VoIP calling card
- What is vertical synchronization
- Who is the best acupuncturist in Mumbai
- What are the 21 consonants in vowels
- Is everything an approximation
- What makes you immediately dislike a song?
- Is tidal music lossless
- A society of human size is still possible
- Should Julian Assange be rewarded